Halibut

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Halibut

Was wondering if anybody had any info on some spots to catch a few halibut out of Homer? I have been out of Homer several times black bear hunting and also have dropped a line for cod and flounder but I haven't located any halibut. Is there a certian depth I should be looking for, I don't need to hook a monster just some fish for the freezer. Any help would be greatly apprecated. Thanks
    There's plenty of room for all Gods creatures; right next to the mashed potatoes!

Compass Rose

Been a while since I fished there, but the Compass Rose (look on chart west of Homer where the Compass Rose is shown) always worked for me.

Comment

Try off the bluffs and towards Anchor point . water depth 80 to 120 ft depth. Should see boats in area trolling and some anchored up. Good Luck

Comment

Halibut info Thanks

thanks for the info did real well with the biggest one aroun 50#
        There's plenty of room for all Gods creatures; right next to the mashed potatoes!

Comment

So where did you end up going once you launched? Sounds like you had a good trip.

Comment

there everywhere

if two idiots in a rubber boat can catch em any one could do it. Would recomend bringing extra weights though they have a tendency to get lost.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
            Working...
            X