Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where are the industry leaders during this covid19 stuff?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Where are the industry leaders during this covid19 stuff?

    I mean, shouldnít we be getting updates from leaders in our industry or executive directors from the associations we support after reviewing data, projecting length of lock downs and possible recession? Then resources to help the working man? I know the big corps and banks will get bailed out and the poor and middle class will get checks, but what about those off us that have businesses. Pretty quite, but wife And I feel like itís the calm before the storm!
    We have had no cancellations....yet but seems inevitable. I think itís time to readjust and dig in!


    Shoot move communicate!
    Providing trips for multilpe species for over 20 yrs
    www.kodiakcombos.com

  • #2
    Are you quarantined?

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by iyouktug View Post
      Are you quarantined?
      No, not yet. Been able to go out and catch Kings today. I have boat yard work planned preparing for this season which starts first week of May.


      Shoot move communicate!
      Providing trips for multilpe species for over 20 yrs
      www.kodiakcombos.com

      Comment


      • #4
        Three weeks ago it was the calm before the storm in my world. I went shopping and bought everything I needed. The next day I heard certain items were getting scarce on the grocery store shelves, today there are lines and the number of people allowed in the grocery are limited mostly to look at empty shelves and signs telling you how much you can take of what's left. My state was the first to put a stay at home order but with the rate of infections I appreciate their actions. We have a hotel with police out front that isolates those infected and more contracted to do so. The subject of work, as you mentioned is another major issue, I'm a dentist and have been forced to close my office and join a long list of other employers trying to figure out how to support staff and bills. My best advice is to take this very seriously, stock up ASAP and prepare to socially isolate for awhile. The more we cooperate the faster we will get through this and don't get a false sense of security because you are in AK.

        Comment


        • #5
          We now have confirmed cases in Sterling and Soldotna. Watch it ramp up over the next 2 weeks.
          Hunt Ethically. Respect the Environment.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by kodiakcombo View Post
            I mean, shouldnít we be getting updates from leaders in our industry or executive directors from the associations we support after reviewing data, projecting length of lock downs and possible recession? Then resources to help the working man? I know the big corps and banks will get bailed out and the poor and middle class will get checks, but what about those off us that have businesses. Pretty quite, but wife And I feel like itís the calm before the storm!
            We have had no cancellations....yet but seems inevitable. I think itís time to readjust and dig in!Shoot move communicate!
            https://mailchi.mp/alaska.gov/govern...n?e=1404bc32b0
            Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

            Comment


            • #7
              I got emails from NACO and the ACA. You might check them out on the websites or Facebook. There was also a link to the Small Business Development Center going around. If you send me your email Iíll forward them. Good luck, itís gonna be a tough year.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by offshore View Post
                I got emails from NACO and the ACA. You might check them out on the websites or Facebook. There was also a link to the Small Business Development Center going around. If you send me your email Iíll forward them. Good luck, itís gonna be a tough year.
                Cancellations coming daily state and feds will bail out the banks and big companies while we are given an opportunity to go further in debt. We are cutting costs where we can even marketing, clients are rolling over dates to 2021 I truly appreciate that! Dig in and stop or slow the spread!


                Shoot move communicate!
                Providing trips for multilpe species for over 20 yrs
                www.kodiakcombos.com

                Comment


                • #9
                  hang tough

                  Jeff,

                  I am assuming the worse and will be pleasantly surprised if we get guests coming up in July and August. I heard the Alyeska Hotel is announcing it is closing until Mid June this week. The Olympics were rescheduled a year later.......I think these are signs that people sharper at business than me think this summer season is going to be very weak. Im applying for the SBA loans and sticking to being on my boat or my house and staying away from people outside my family until things get better.
                  I did reduce my boat insurance to storage and personal use, you can turn on charter insurance again in 24 hours if you end up taking trips. That save me 2000 dollars.

                  Thats all I know, hang tough, stay healthy and I hope we end up with some kind of a season. If not, we will be back at it in 2021.
                  www.graylightalaska.com
                  http://www.saltwatersportsman.com/ga...arter-captains
                  (800)566-3912

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Thanks AKCAPT, yes looks bleak now, but we did what you did, cut costs everywhere we could and are looking at the cares stimulus grants/loans. Living in a remote village on an island we have a chance to take steps to keep us covid19 free, I feel we should lock all travel in or out unless it is for medical, we can order and have groceries flown in we can travel to the hub and get fuel and propane. Unfortunately the majority here in the village feel it is not that bad! We need to get ready for the worst case scenario.


                    Shoot move communicate!
                    Providing trips for multilpe species for over 20 yrs
                    www.kodiakcombos.com

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by kodiakcombo View Post
                      Thanks AKCAPT, yes looks bleak now, but we did what you did, cut costs everywhere we could and are looking at the cares stimulus grants/loans. Living in a remote village on an island we have a chance to take steps to keep us covid19 free, I feel we should lock all travel in or out unless it is for medical, we can order and have groceries flown in we can travel to the hub and get fuel and propane. Unfortunately the majority here in the village feel it is not that bad! We need to get ready for the worst case scenario.
                      Shoot move communicate!
                      I think you are exactly right about the situation, and I hope you can adjust some attitudes in the village.

                      I expect I am at least a fairly typical charter; I have been chartering for a week or two almost every year for 20 years, with one exception for work. The coronavirus situation is the cause of the second exception; I just canceled a two week charter for this July. I am healthy (no co-morbidities), but I am 67 years old. I don't want this trip to AK to be my last. I will be back, probably for four weeks, as soon as I get the vaccine and my odds get better. Stay safe.

                      Big_E

                      Comment

                      Footer Adsense

                      Collapse
                      Working...
                      X