Love these lures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Love these lures

I got a batch of the 7 inch squids last year and I was very impressed. Did well on halibut and lingers. I was hoping they'd come out with a larger version. I just got a handful of the 11 inch versions in the mail last night. This is the glow version, can't wait to put them to work in a few months.

https://chasebaitsusa.com/products/t...31194624196631

In 1492 Native Americans discovered Columbus lost at sea

If I come across as an arrogant, know-it-all jerk, it's because I am

Looks nice. Is there a place to insert some scent into the head/body somewhere.

Patriot Life Member NRA
    Life Member Veterans of Foreign Wars
    Life Member Disabled American Veterans

Comment

How do they hold up? All those skinny arms look vulnerable.

Comment

are they that much better then a twister tail or skirted jig? 20 bucks for just the plastic seems crazy. do you use their squid rig set up as well?
        I will never be a "Prostaffer" its not that I am not good enough
        but its because I refuse to pimp products for free.

Comment

They have held up well. Each time I've used them I was successful. Would I have been as successful with a regular grub tail? Who knows. I like having options

Comment

Looks really good. Are you using manufacturers squid hook rig? If so what weight hook rig are you using? Must be using some additional weight as well for bottom Jigging. If so what kind of weight configuration? Can't help but think the 5 and 7" would be good for Salmon mooching as well. Have you tried that out?

Comment

Originally posted by fishinslut View Post
              Looks really good. Are you using manufacturers squid hook rig? If so what weight hook rig are you using? Must be using some additional weight as well for bottom Jigging. If so what kind of weight configuration? Can't help but think the 5 and 7" would be good for Salmon mooching as well. Have you tried that out?
              The new 11 inch rigs I got are just the baits. The previous 8 inch rigs I got came with that hokey weight which went straight in the garbage. I have been using these with 16 oz lead head jigs, put them on just as I would with regular grub tails.

Comment

They look great. Iíd worry about how they hold up as well. Then again I buy boneyard baits grubs and a couple cod can ruin them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Andy82Hoyt View Post
                  They look great. Iíd worry about how they hold up as well. Then again I buy boneyard baits grubs and a couple cod can ruin them.

Where are you finding Boneyard baits?
                  I thought they went out of business a few years ago.
                  I tried buying a decent quantity of their 11" grub tails 100 total iirc and kept getting the email replyes that they had shipped them etc but never received them.
                  I ended up getting a refund via PayPal.
                  I wouldn't mind picking up a few of their big grubs though.

Sent from my S41 using Tapatalk
                  "The closer I get to nature the farther I am from idiots"

"Fishing and Hunting are only an addiction if you're trying to quit"

Comment

I havenít bought any in a few years. I ordered direct from them. The last time may have been though another tackle site. I still have a handful yet.
                    Years ago the bait shop on the spit had the same problem you mentioned. I guess it happened to several people, paying for them and not receiving them. There have some good companies over the years that did that to their customers and are no longer on business.

Comment

I havenít bought any in a few years. I ordered direct from them. The last time may have been though another tackle site. I still have a handful yet.
                      Years ago the bait shop on the spit in homer had the same problem you mentioned. I guess it happened to several people, paying for them and not receiving them. There have some good companies over the years that did that to their customers and are no longer on business.

Comment

I've used the smaller version of these, the 6" ones and had good luck on halibut. Nothing huge but where I fish a real big one would be a rarity anyways and they end up being about 9" by the time I rig them on an articulating head. $20 per is a but steep for me but I'm sure they'll work great on some bruisers.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
                        The more you talk, the more I wish I was deaf.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X