Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Regulation for Rockfish (better late than never)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Daveinthebush View Post
    I have a release. Storing a crate on board takes up too much room for me.
    Yup. Attach the release to the downrigger, or use my electric deep drop reel if on a smaller boat without downriggers. Drop to 200 feet & done.

Comment

For what it's worth, Trusty Hardware in soldotna has some releases there. They are $12, and they are having a great sale right now, so I picked two of them up for $15. Not a promotion of the store if that's disallowed here (although I think it's a great store), just wanted to let people know where I found some so they can get them.
      Never count your days, but rather, make all of your days count.

Comment

Since the topic seems pretty active here are two older posts on release ideas and thoughts.
        http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...ckfish+release
        http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...ckfish+release

Patriot Life Member NRA
        Life Member Veterans of Foreign Wars
        Life Member Disabled American Veterans

Comment

Why would I need that device if I plan on retaining what I catch?
          Hunt Ethically. Respect the Environment.

Comment

Does it put their bugged out eyes back in their head also when you send them down?
            Hunt Ethically. Respect the Environment.

Comment

Originally posted by SmokeRoss View Post
              Does it put their bugged out eyes back in their head also when you send them down?
              The tool itself won't, but the pressure at depth will.

Cause them's the rules. I keep what I catch cause I'm a horrible fisherman and if I get one I'm not letting it go, but I still have a barbless leadhead ready to release any extra that I might catch after I get my limit while fishing for other fishies.
              I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned. Physicist ― Richard Feynman

Comment

Yep; the eyes and stomach are pushed out by gas that expands due to lower pressure at the surface, so the parts go right back (more or less) to where they were as soon as the fish gets back to depth.

Comment

Don't be surprised if the new SE rule gets extended to the rest of the state.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Zeek View Post
                    Don't be surprised if the new SE rule gets extended to the rest of the state.
                    It is a statewide reg that you must have a deepwater release mechanism on board and use it to release any fish at depth it was taken.

Comment

I think he is talking about the non-pelagic closure.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X