Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sea Otter problem

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by catchfish View Post
    Tlingitwarrior does the person doing your seeing advertise anywhere, so we can see some work. Charlie u thanks for the site wish I could afford a throw.
    No. Just a gal from the village. I will post some pictures when she finishes up some stuff. Have a vest made, seal on the front with otter in the back.
    In 1492 Native Americans discovered Columbus lost at sea
    _________________________________________________

    If I come across as an arrogant, know-it-all jerk, it's because I am

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by tlingitwarrior View Post
      No. Just a gal from the village. I will post some pictures when she finishes up some stuff. Have a vest made, seal on the front with otter in the back.
      Is she cute?


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      27' Wooldridge Super Sport Offshore Pilothouse PRIME TIME!
      Kodiak Custom Fishing Tackle Pro Staff
      Heavy Hitter Fishing Crew
      MMSI# 338232859

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by Rob B View Post
        Is she cute?
        Ha! Beggars can't be choosers!....lol
        Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by Rob B View Post
          Is she cute?


          Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Not bad for 73
          In 1492 Native Americans discovered Columbus lost at sea
          _________________________________________________

          If I come across as an arrogant, know-it-all jerk, it's because I am

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by tlingitwarrior View Post
            Not bad for 73
            Does she have a boat??

            Comment


            • #36
              I have made pillows and lap blankets with my otters. I had a goal of 100 last year also but after a while it became "work" I like kwackkillincrew's comment comment, too funny!

              My main problem is that they are about $100-$150 each to tan. Which is 2x-3x what it costs to tan other furbearers. To bad because that is the main driver of prices for sea otter goods from my experience. Doesn't really do you much good to knock down the population to reasonable numbers when You have to charge so much for the fur goods. So my 18"x18" sea otter pillows with a heavy down pillow cost $350 which is kinda steep. If tanning costs were lower that pillow would be $150 and I could sell all I could hunt/skin/pay2tan/sew.

              Sobie2

              Comment


              • #37
                AFN Alaska Federation of Natives convention Anchorage one year, Fairbanks the next year then back to Anchorage etc. Anyway lots of sea otter products there and lots of other cool stuff too.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Sea Otter problem

                  Originally posted by Sobie2 View Post
                  I have made pillows and lap blankets with my otters. I had a goal of 100 last year also but after a while it became "work" I like kwackkillincrew's comment comment, too funny!

                  My main problem is that they are about $100-$150 each to tan. Which is 2x-3x what it costs to tan other furbearers. To bad because that is the main driver of prices for sea otter goods from my experience. Doesn't really do you much good to knock down the population to reasonable numbers when You have to charge so much for the fur goods. So my 18"x18" sea otter pillows with a heavy down pillow cost $350 which is kinda steep. If tanning costs were lower that pillow would be $150 and I could sell all I could hunt/skin/pay2tan/sew.

                  Sobie2
                  I understand there are only one or two companies that can legally do the tanning? Is that true?

                  Those otter pillows are fantastic!

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    One less crab muncher floating around K-Bay. This guy is a beast. For reference, my son is 6-6.

                    In 1492 Native Americans discovered Columbus lost at sea
                    _________________________________________________

                    If I come across as an arrogant, know-it-all jerk, it's because I am

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by tlingitwarrior View Post
                      One less crab muncher floating around K-Bay. This guy is a beast. For reference, my son is 6-6.

                      Awesome!

                      I so very much wish that I could get in on that.
                      The more you talk, the more I wish I was deaf.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by tlingitwarrior View Post
                        One less crab muncher floating around K-Bay. This guy is a beast. For reference, my son is 6-6.

                        Thanks for doing this public service!

                        Comment

                        Footer Adsense

                        Collapse
                        Working...
                        X