No announcement yet.

Sea Otter problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KBay otters must number well in the 1000's? And that 'fleet' is out there 24/7 365. Too bad, I guess, they don't eat Irish lords which eat plenty of baby crabs too.

Comment

Originally posted by kasilofchrisn View Post
      My Dad's neighbor is a retired commercial fisherman.
      Many years ago he helped with crab studies in Kachemak Bay using his seine boat.
      He said they would often find a juvenile crab stacked up in piles on the bottom of the Bay.
      He also said the otters would find those piles and hang out until they had decimated them.
      I used to find it hard to believe that the Dungeness crab, shrimp, and the king crab have not come back to Kachemak Bay in numbers that allow us to have a small sport fishery for them.
      But when you see the sheer number of otters out there and you talk to people who have homes on the bay it's obvious they're having a pretty drastic impact.

Sent from my S41 using Tapatalk
      Yes. The law of unintended consequences.

Comment

Even more reason to hate these furry bastids

https://www.vox.com/2014/4/24/564089...s-monsters-bad
        In 1492 Native Americans discovered Columbus lost at sea

If I come across as an arrogant, know-it-all jerk, it's because I am

Comment

Originally posted by tlingitwarrior View Post
          Even more reason to hate these furry bastids

https://www.vox.com/2014/4/24/564089...s-monsters-bad
          Wow.....now that's pretty crazy!
          Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Comment

Yeah, and I won't forget the bleeding heart sea otter exhibit I saw at the Shedd Aquarium in Chicago after the Exxon Valdez spill. Pure propaganda! The oil spill didn't kill enough of them IMO.

Comment

I have been inspired to go out and harvest a few more!

Sobie2

Comment

Originally posted by Sobie2 View Post
                I have been inspired to go out and harvest a few more!

Sobie2

How is can we inspire u to go out and harvest MANY more?

Comment

hopefully your harvesting them in kbay them juneau otters dont harm us!
                  I will never be a "Prostaffer" its not that I am not good enough
                  but its because I refuse to pimp products for free.

Comment

My goal for 2020 is to take 100 otters out of Kbay and Cook Inlet. I found someone who can sew for me. Going to make a few blankets, vests, hats. Still looking for an Alaska Native skinner
                    In 1492 Native Americans discovered Columbus lost at sea

If I come across as an arrogant, know-it-all jerk, it's because I am

Comment

Originally posted by tlingitwarrior View Post
                      My goal for 2020 is to take 100 otters out of Kbay and Cook Inlet. I found someone who can sew for me. Going to make a few blankets, vests, hats. Still looking for an Alaska Native skinner
                      Let us know where we can buy these handicrafts, I will help support local Alaskans who help care for our marine environment when government has failed it by allowing sea otters to run roughshod over it.
                      I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned. Physicist ― Richard Feynman

Comment

Originally posted by Patsfan54 View Post
                        Let us know where we can buy these handicrafts, I will help support local Alaskans who help care for our marine environment when government has failed it by allowing sea otters to run roughshod over it.

Seconded!!
                        Originally posted by AGL4now
                        Discovered that prayer helps sometimes. Also what a penis sheath looks like a few inches from my forehead.

Comment

https://youtu.be/BXHNzi_TIJs seaotter? no problem.
                          Providing trips for multilpe species for over 20 yrs
                          www.kodiakcombos.com

Comment

My wife shoots, skins, and sews her own fur. I just drive the boat and haul the critters over the rail. I have to go out by myself to play sea otter hunter. Check out her website https://www.sakarisfuralaska.com
                            Surreel Saltwaters F/V Nikaitchuq in Valdez AK
                            www.surreelsaltwaters.com

Comment

Just starting to expand all around Vancouver Island now-soon to be an 'issue' I'm sure.

Comment

Tlingitwarrior does the person doing your seeing advertise anywhere, so we can see some work. Charlie u thanks for the site wish I could afford a throw.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X