Valdez Silvers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Valdez Silvers

Anyone have any updates yet on the Silvers out of Valdez?

They are getting some out by Goose Island mixed with pinks. Knowles Head seems to have more.

Patriot Life Member NRA
    Life Member Veterans of Foreign Wars
    Life Member Disabled American Veterans

Comment

Thanks, Dave. Appreciate any updates you can provide periodically. Have a grandson coming home on leave from the Navy in Mid August and would like to take him down to Valdez if the Silvers show up this year. He's headed to Hawaii for his first ship when he leaves here.
      Last edited by spike9542003@yahoo.com; 07-24-2017, 18:35. Reason: tyo

Comment

I am headed out tomorrow with my granddaughter on her first Alaska fishing trip. We will find the fish for sure. I will get back to you.

Patriot Life Member NRA

Comment

We found a limit of silvers and a white king off of Goose on Sunday. Picked up a couple more silvers out there yesterday as well. They're coming in, looks like it should be a good year for silvers.

Comment

Dave,
            Hello, its a pleasure to meet you. I am a Vietnam Vet also.USMC, Aug. 1968 Feb 1970. I notice in your signature you use the motto of theVietnam Veterans of America. I think other people would appreciate knowing theorigin of that guiding principle and was wondering if you would be willing toattribute the quote to the rightful organization authors ? It might encouragepeople to become more acquainted with this important organization.
            I recognize your sacrifice and appreciate the destructionyou have suffered.

Best wishes - RaptorMan

Comment

Originally posted by RaptorMan View Post
              Dave,
              Hello, its a pleasure to meet you. I am a Vietnam Vet also.USMC, Aug. 1968 Feb 1970. I notice in your signature you use the motto of theVietnam Veterans of America. I think other people would appreciate knowing theorigin of that guiding principle and was wondering if you would be willing toattribute the quote to the rightful organization authors ? It might encouragepeople to become more acquainted with this important organization.
              I recognize your sacrifice and appreciate the destructionyou have suffered.

Best wishes - RaptorMan
              No problem, deleted it.

Patriot Life Member NRA

Comment

i just heard that a kayaker caught pinks and a few silvers within kayaking distance of valdez. he fished a few days ago. has anyone else heard of any silvers closer than goose island recently? thanks. john

Comment

I was sight seeing today at Glacier Island. We saw some jumpers just inside Freemantle Point towards buoy 9. Ended up with 5 silvers in 3 hours and lost 5-6 more. I had my granddaughter who has never ocean fished before so there was a learning curve but she did great.

Patriot Life Member NRA

Comment

thnks, dave. your g-daughter did great just being out fishing. i grew up catching bluegills and sunfish in my dad's lake, then getting out on lake erie and catching walleye and smallmouths. i would have given a gonad to hook and/or catch something like silvers at that age.

Comment

Originally posted by Daveinthebush View Post
                      I was sight seeing today at Glacier Island. We saw some jumpers just inside Freemantle Point towards buoy 9. Ended up with 5 silvers in 3 hours and lost 5-6 more. I had my granddaughter who has never ocean fished before so there was a learning curve but she did great.
                      Thanks for the update Mr Dave

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      What are ya...a fisherman...or a catcherman?

Comment

Any reports from inside Rocky Point to port Valdez would be appreciated. Trying to figure out if it would be worth a trip next week. Thanks

Comment

Will have friends back in tonight. The silvers were there earlier in the week! had one person try Gold Creek to Shoup for 3 hours 2 days ago and only got one.

Patriot Life Member NRA

Comment

Thanks for the info Dave. For 20 years running I could count on them being between Rocky and Potato point at this time in August. Had some pretty tough years of late. Would love to get some friends and family into that good old Valdez fishing. Got my fingers crossed for a good Valdez year.

Comment

My friends caught 3 lost 5 or so out past Potato Point. Only thing I have heard last night. The rivers are getting high from the heat so maybe colder water flowing into the port will stall them. hard to say. Doing an Anch. run today so won't hear anything till Sunday.

Patriot Life Member NRA

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X