Outdoors Writer Craig Medred Cited...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jake_65_65
    The only prediction I have for the outcome of this thing is that we will see an article in the near future about what a person has to do to actually receive a ticket for fishing violations and of course Medred with state that he was intentionally trying to receive one, but only him and God with know the truth.
    Check Sunday's ADN. . . today's paper featured a pic of Medred and the caption "Busted." Seems, according to ADN, Craig even complimented the trooper giving him the citation. Should make for interesting reading. Whooee . . . it'll be fun to see if this dog hunts!

Comment

I dont think we will EVER see this.

Case Number: 06-53672
      Type: Fail to release.
      Text: On 6-21-06 Soldotna Bureau of Wildlife Enforcement contacted
      Joe Shmo, for allowing a brown bear to consume his leagal bag limit and then continuing to fish to fulfill bag limit of 3 red salmon.

I would continue.

Comment

Today's ADN carries Medred's account of his citation, and he tells the story honestly with no attempt to duck or squirm out of his mistake. Well done!

Comment

his day off?

I didn't get the part about the trooper saying he had the day off and was filling his proxy of six fish yet was writing tickets too. I'm guessing he was on duty but fishing for his limit at the same time or he wouldn't have been fishing. I question the honesty of the trooper here if he said he was on his day off. If he was on duty he should have to either release the fish or donate his catch to the senior center also since he is fishing on the taxpayers dime.
          Hike faster. I hear banjo music.

Comment

Wildog, even tho a tropper, or any police officer is "off duty" he still is a sworn officer and is allowed to enforce laws. Off duty officers reguarly write tickets and such all over this country. Additionally, many officers are sworn in to enforce city, state, and federal laws. You could get a ticket for over the limit from an Anch PD officer there on the Russian, as an example.

As to Medred.............he's guilty, he admits it. He should be held to a higher standard. He wasn't being "ethical" I say string him up. Who's got a rope?
            So whatever happened to his missing fish? Stolen? Did the officers investigate the theft?
            I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
            I have less friends now!!

Comment

Humility @ it's finest...

He fessed up, complimented the men in blue, & explained why he did what he did without sour grapes, a lapse in poor judgement & was fined & accepted it...so, that makes this whole ordeal a nice peice of history to remember that they are watching you...

Comment

Amen . . .

Originally posted by gogoalie
                He fessed up, complimented the men in blue, & explained why he did what he did without sour grapes, a lapse in poor judgement & was fined & accepted it...so, that makes this whole ordeal a nice peice of history to remember that they are watching you...
                Well said . . . which of us hasn't done something for which we could have been cited? I have. . . , and the troopers got me once. . . for not recording a king quickly enough. . . the officer figured I should have written the king down before lighting a cigar to celebrate. . . hey, it was Father's Day!

Comment

Way to man up, Medred. Accountability lives!

I've more than once run into people who have foolishly put entire limits of LIVE sockeye on a stringer, only to have them swim away. Even had a buddy once catch a red sporting a nice nylon stringer when I netted it for him.

Most folks figure they are entitled to catch "replacements" for the lost fish. Obviously not. Good lesson for Medred.... and a little education for the rest of us as well.

BTW another 4000 plus swam past the weir yesterday... count stands at nearly 25K. Lord only knows how many are sitting between the weir and the upper boundary of the fishery. Odds are great for 6 a day... and real soon.
                  "Let every angler who loves to fish think what it would mean to him to find the fish were gone." Zane Grey
                  sigpic
                  The KeenEye MD

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X