• Outdoors Writer Craig Medred Cited...

Case Number: 06-53279
    Type: Overlimit Sockeye Salmon
    Text: On 6-19-06, Soldotna ABWE Troopers cited Craig M. Medred, 54 yoa,
    of Anchorage, AK, for taking an overlimit of sockeye salmon from the
    Russian River. Bail is set at $130.
    Author: JTM9
    Received and posted Thursday, June 22, 2006 8:25 AM

This guy should have known better. I write for a shotgun mag and I don't even push the line an inch.

http://www.sportingclays.net/index_f...m?StoryID=2792
    brad g.
    So Cal, USA
    Visit my Sporting Clays website
    http://www.ysr-racer.com

Comment

being in the spotlight.....

OUCH! Can't wait to see his article (explanation) about this!
      AKmud
      sigpic

The porcupine is a peaceful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

Comment

now now...

just because you work for the newspaper doesn't mean that you can count.

Comment

Originally posted by gogoalie
          Say it ain't so....
          "Let every angler who loves to fish think what it would mean to him to find the fish were gone." Zane Grey
          sigpic
          The KeenEye MD

Comment

Sorry, doctor, here's confirmation. Scroll down just past half-way:

http://www.dps.state.ak.us/pio/dispa...6.20060622.txt

Golly whiz, what's the world coming to? What do you reckon Mr. Medred's Sunday column will be about? So sad . . .

Comment

If he didn't do this to garner Headlines...

Originally posted by Marcus

Golly whiz, what's the world coming to? What do you reckon Mr. Medred's Sunday column will be about? So sad . . .

& to sell news papers, with a rant about subsistence, I can only wonder what his response would be?

Comment

Originally posted by Marcus

I'll have to concede that seein' is believin', John.

I am disappointed to say the least. I'm sure we'll see the other side of the story (if there is one) this weekend.
                "Let every angler who loves to fish think what it would mean to him to find the fish were gone." Zane Grey
                sigpic
                The KeenEye MD

Comment

Let's be fair!

I have had a real tough time on occasion and lost track of the number of fish in the box. On the Copper and down at the Kasilof, dipping, for example. Was it 29 or 30? Is the supplemental in effect?
                  By the way, what is the limit on the Russian?

Comment

Limit on the Russian

...Is three (3) sockeye...shouldn't be that hard to keep track of three fish.
                    "The Gods do not subtract from the allotted span of men's lives the hours spent in fishing" Assyrian Tablet 2000 B.C.

Comment

Things happen to everyone at one point or another. It just happen to him on the Russian. Look at LC on the Deska, he was fined to.
                      Living the Alaskan Dream
                      Gary Keller
                      Anchorage, AK

Comment

Can't imagine someone as smart and "outdoors-savvy" as Medred would be stupid enough to try walking out of there with more than his 3 fish limit.

My guess is that he was cited for a technicality like helping a struggling angler hook-up by passing a rod after setting the hook. By the letter of the law, the fish technically goes on the bag limit of the person hooking it.

Probably one of the most inconsistently enforced rules on the books. How many of us as fathers or uncles or grandfathers have helped a young child hook-up by passing a rod.... you don't even give it a second thought. If you go on to keep three of your own, you are in violation.

I am not condoning breaking the law, nor am I trying to make excuses for Craig... he should've known better. Just don't see a man of his character doing it with willful criminal intent.
                        sigpic
                        The KeenEye MD

Comment

Innocent until proven guilty...........boys!
                          I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
                          I have less friends now!!

Comment

3 fish, is that so hard to understand? <Sentence removed by webmaster>
                            Last edited by Webmaster; 06-23-2006, 07:50.

Comment

Guilty

He's guilty, is it that hard to count to three. I think you would remember clubbing three fish... What kind of penalty can he receive from this?

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X