Winter in Homer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bkbaker View Post
    I was marking small feed schools close to the surface less than 25ft down. The fish we caught were on my shallowest baits. When I checked the bellies I found krill. I donít think Iíve ever seen krill in king stomaches before. Anybody see this before?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Krill is a staple for salmon, its how they get their flesh color. White kings do not process krill in the same fashion and that is the cause ofthe white flesh.
    In 1492 Native Americans discovered Columbus lost at sea

If I come across as an arrogant, know-it-all jerk, it's because I am

Comment

• Originally posted by tlingitwarrior View Post
      Krill is a staple for salmon, its how they get their flesh color. White kings do not process krill in the same fashion and that is the cause ofthe white flesh.
      Iíve just never seen them in chinook before. Kinda cool.

Comment

• Had anyone been around the south side of F float? If so, how does the ice look? Hopefully not too solid. Iím docked up there and took vacation for a week starting Saturday to fish and crab.
        Doesnít look like any smaller boats have been out this week, canít really blame anyone. But is anyone thinking of trying to fish this weekend?

Comment

• Ice has cleared up quite bit the last few days from H float to the entrance. The westerly wind pulled the ice off the inside of the spit and the tide carried the loose stuff out of the harbor. Still some sizable pans and bergs but alot of open water really. Still pretty locked in from H to the load launch ramp, but a skimmed over trail does exist from the ramp to more open water. How thick it is, I dont know, but I can walk around my boat in JJ float area.

Comment

• Originally posted by kuliak View Post
            Ice has cleared up quite bit the last few days from H float to the entrance. The westerly wind pulled the ice off the inside of the spit and the tide carried the loose stuff out of the harbor. Still some sizable pans and bergs but alot of open water really. Still pretty locked in from H to the load launch ramp, but a skimmed over trail does exist from the ramp to more open water. How thick it is, I dont know, but I can walk around my boat in JJ float area.
            Appreciate the update, thank you!

Comment

• Was at the harbor today to fish still couldn't get my boat out of my slip. Its getting soft but still needs a day or two. Watched two boats launch, and make a go of it, fiberglass trophy was able to push through with alum boat following, a little sketchy but not to bad. I was envious watching them blast for the bluff on beautiful calm seas. Im going again tomorrow if I have to use a chainsaw!!!

Comment

• Good luck. Iím on F now, the harbor started filling with ice about 8 PM. Pretty think, but passable.

Comment

• Originally posted by fishnazi View Post
                  Was at the harbor today to fish still couldn't get my boat out of my slip. Its getting soft but still needs a day or two. Watched two boats launch, and make a go of it, fiberglass trophy was able to push through with alum boat following, a little sketchy but not to bad. I was envious watching them blast for the bluff on beautiful calm seas. Im going again tomorrow if I have to use a chainsaw!!!
                  What dock are you on?

Comment

• Sorry Andy haven't checked in for a few, Im on DD, made it out on Fri before the Sat blow up got two of three 14 and a 8 and some crab beautiful day.

Comment

• I'm going out with Josh on Sunday.
                      Hunt Ethically. Respect the Environment.

Comment

• Originally posted by SmokeRoss View Post
                        I'm going out with Josh on Sunday.
                        Please thin out all those huge ones.

Comment

• Went out Tuesday morning. Had enough moisture in my fuel tanks to freeze my water separator into a slurpee. Killed my engine just past the green can. Had to do some fuel line moves in the slop. Then idled back into the harbor as the fleet went out to enjoy the bluffs. Licked my wounds and drove back home. Thanks for the whooping Homer. Always keeping me on my toes. Spent 2 hours on the boat straightening up and cleaning though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Andy82Hoyt View Post
                            Please thin out all those huge ones.

Mighty tall order, but I'll do my best.
                            Hunt Ethically. Respect the Environment.

Comment

• Just curious how you guys are doing down there in homer chasing the shinys! Havenít seen any pics or posts for a week. Iím getting excited for next months tournament and hoping the weather and road conditions cooperates for us to tug the dingy down and play. Has anyone pulled their boat down to homer recently? Just checking on how the annual birth of road heaves is going.

Comment

• Too much powder in Girdwood for me to go fish this week. Sorry for lack of report. The highway construction that was completed in the fall has made the drive South a breeze. South of Cooper Landing is wide and smooth.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X