Winter in Homer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bkmail View Post
    Nice fish andy82, save a few for the derby!
    Bk
    I might! Are you headed down for the derby?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• No Im not....too darn busy here at the shop and its Mat Su sportsmans show next weekend so we will be there instead.
      I like your beer choice though, lol! Robs been chasing all the fish over to you Im thinking[emoji12]
      Bk

BK Marine Services 232-6399
      Alaskas only Planar diesel heaters dealer, service, warranty, and installation.
      Alaskas only Lonestar drum winch dealer, Whirlwind props, Stinger gearbox, and Alumatech airboats.
      Www.bkmarineservices.com

Comment

• Originally posted by bkmail View Post
        No Im not....too darn busy here at the shop and its Mat Su sportsmans show next weekend so we will be there instead.
        I like your beer choice though, lol! Robs been chasing all the fish over to you Im thinking[emoji12]
        Bk

It sounds that he is! Iíll chase some to him Friday if he chases them back to me Saturday! Best of luck at the show.

Comment

• I kind of wanted to hit the bluffs saturday but the forecast changed my mind. Found some sheltered water with some fish marking and scratched up a 2 man limit. Released a couple dinks and long line released a couple others. We didnít boat anything of much size. If weather holds I might try the benches off seldovia on wed and try the bluffs on thursd. I only saw a small amount of bait out there..... none of the fish we cleaned had any food in their guts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Andy82Hoyt View Post
            It sounds that he is! Iíll chase some to him Friday if he chases them back to me Saturday! Best of luck at the show.

Lol. You guys are hilarious. I just suck at fishing for these dang Kings is all.

27' Wooldridge Super Sport Offshore Pilothouse PRIME TIME!
            Kodiak Custom Fishing Tackle Pro Staff
            Heavy Hitter Fishing Crew
            MMSI# 338232859

Comment

• What do you guys do for rinsing off your boat when you are ready to head home? I looked for a rinse down hose around the ramp and didnt see anything, Is everyone just going to the car wash?

Comment

• Depends on temperature. My boat hasn't seen a decent washing since November. I'll use the wash in anchorage when I get back from the derby if the weather is around 40. I have a powerwasher at home, but hate to put water on the steep driveway this time of year.

Homer has two car washes in town that I know of. There is nothing at the ramp area in Homer. Not in summer either.

Comment

• Are these the Coho killers you guys are talking about using for Kings? I picked a few up but they are tiny?

Comment

• Originally posted by kevin476 View Post
                    Are these the Coho killers you guys are talking about using for Kings? I picked a few up but they are tiny?

That is them. Small I know, it works.

Comment

• If you are in the derby I recommend you use a really really big bait! :-)

Comment

• Originally posted by Bullelkklr View Post
                        If you are in the derby I recommend you use a really really big bait! :-)

Thanks for the pro tip [emoji1782]

Comment

• Yeah. Thanks Randy. Glad I followed your lead and finally caught a fish.

27' Wooldridge Super Sport Offshore Pilothouse PRIME TIME!
                          Kodiak Custom Fishing Tackle Pro Staff
                          Heavy Hitter Fishing Crew
                          MMSI# 338232859

Comment

• Originally posted by kevin476 View Post
                            Are these the Coho killers you guys are talking about using for Kings? I picked a few up but they are tiny?
                            If you open up the king stomachs, a lot of the time, in fact most of the time, they just have small needle fish in there, some type of lance fish or something. It's very rare that I find something large like a herring. It happens, but normally it's small fish.

I've always heard match the hatch. In other words, make your bait look like what the fish are naturally eating. And the coho killers seem to work, I've always caught fish on them. I do seem to catch smaller kings on my coho killers though, which is why I tend to run at least one herring sized lure.

Comment

• Originally posted by grantypoo View Post
                              If you open up the king stomachs, a lot of the time, in fact most of the time, they just have small needle fish in there, some type of lance fish or something. It's very rare that I find something large like a herring. It happens, but normally it's small fish.

I've always heard match the hatch. In other words, make your bait look like what the fish are naturally eating. And the coho killers seem to work, I've always caught fish on them. I do seem to catch smaller kings on my coho killers though, which is why I tend to run at least one herring sized lure.

Kinda what I figured, I picked up a few King Kandy candlefish's for that reason too. Fingers crossed!

Comment

• They may have small bait fish in their tummies right now, but that's because that is what's around. If a king salmon see's a herring, he's gonna hit it.
                                In 1492 Native Americans discovered Columbus lost at sea
                                _________________________________________________

If I come across as an arrogant, know-it-all jerk, it's because I am

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X