Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Winter in Homer

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Rob B View Post
    Yeah. We passed that too. Such a sad sight. Made me sick as well. Oh. And be careful in Anchor Point. That dang hill is bad right now


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It was snowing when we came down it. Sitting in the harbor now with a PBR waiting on the sun.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Andy82Hoyt View Post
      It was snowing when we came down it. Sitting in the harbor now with a PBR waiting on the sun.


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      A glass of bourbon and a warm heater cranking in the harbor too. Row DD


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      27' Wooldridge Super Sport Offshore Pilothouse PRIME TIME!
      Kodiak Custom Fishing Tackle Pro Staff
      Heavy Hitter Fishing Crew
      MMSI# 338232859

      Comment


      • Hope your all safely on the water dragging lures this morning!
        Bk


        Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        BK Marine Services 232-6399
        Alaskas only Planar diesel heaters dealer, service, warranty, and installation.
        Alaskas only Lonestar drum winch dealer, Whirlwind props, Stinger gearbox, and Alumatech airboats.
        Www.bkmarineservices.com

        Comment


        • Finally hooked up on one.


          Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          27' Wooldridge Super Sport Offshore Pilothouse PRIME TIME!
          Kodiak Custom Fishing Tackle Pro Staff
          Heavy Hitter Fishing Crew
          MMSI# 338232859

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Rob B View Post
            Finally hooked up on one.


            Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            You're going to love eating that. We ate a filet from one we caught during the week. It was delicious. Going to eat another filet on Monday. Can hardly wait.
            Hunt Ethically. Respect the Environment.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Rob B View Post
              Finally hooked up on one.


              Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Nice one. Save a couple for me, we will be down tomorrow, if I can get the boat out of the driveway


              Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Responsible Conservation > Political Allocation

              Comment


              • Originally posted by FishGod View Post
                I saw that wreck today as well, that was crazy. That large boat was upside down and I couldn't see the trailer. The truck looked ok. Scary stuff.
                Not to be a rubber necker but is there more information on this? Those of us that tow through the pass could learn something I'm sure even if we had a bit more information. Likely causes are using cruise control while towing and vehicle shifting into overdrive which breaks the rear end loose, causing the trailer to fish tail and the driver cannot get the trailer back under control or not enough tongue weight and the trailer popped off, or the latch was never secured properly? All three I have done. Fortunately, I was able to get the trailer under control from the fish tail, I was able to adjust my tongue weight before something bad happened and I've had two out of three tailgates with trailer bites.

                Glad to hear that it seems no one was injured. With Homer Winter King Derby coming up hope everyone gets their equipment squared away.

                Comment


                • I don't know how you guys tow those boats in the winter ? I wouldn't have the stones to do it.
                  sigpic
                  Alaska Shrimp Pots

                  Rigid & Folding Shrimp & Crab Pots
                  Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
                  Ropes, Buoys, Bait
                  alaskashrimppots.com
                  akshrimppots@mtaonline.net
                  907 775 1692

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by 1S1K View Post
                    Not to be a rubber necker but is there more information on this? Those of us that tow through the pass could learn something I'm sure even if we had a bit more information. Likely causes are using cruise control while towing and vehicle shifting into overdrive which breaks the rear end loose, causing the trailer to fish tail and the driver cannot get the trailer back under control or not enough tongue weight and the trailer popped off, or the latch was never secured properly? All three I have done. Fortunately, I was able to get the trailer under control from the fish tail, I was able to adjust my tongue weight before something bad happened and I've had two out of three tailgates with trailer bites.

                    Glad to hear that it seems no one was injured. With Homer Winter King Derby coming up hope everyone gets their equipment squared away.
                    The section of road where the wreck took place was icy in spots and had some decent bumps, ice heaves possibly. The truck was dwarfed by the size of the boat. Purely speculation, but I think they hit one of those bumps pretty hard and bounced the boat and the weight of the boat pushed the truck into a jackknife on an icy section of road. Too fast for the conditions and setup. Again, just my guess.
                    Your bait stinks and your boat is ugly

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by potbuilder View Post
                      I don't know how you guys tow those boats in the winter ? I wouldn't have the stones to do it.
                      I tow TV down to Homer first of October so I don't have to tow her during the winter exactly for this reason, but I can drive down or fly down and fish a few times during the winter and not stress about the towing. I'm not sure any amount of studs, or chains would keep 15Klbs of trailer and boat from doing whatever it wanted if the wrong set of circumstances arose. I'll tow her back first of April.

                      Comment


                      • I'm shocked there isn't any info posted anywhere on this accident too.
                        27' Wooldridge Super Sport Offshore Pilothouse PRIME TIME!
                        Kodiak Custom Fishing Tackle Pro Staff
                        Heavy Hitter Fishing Crew
                        MMSI# 338232859

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Rob B View Post
                          I'm shocked there isn't any info posted anywhere on this accident too.
                          I just see that boat in a lot off king street in Anchorage. Drove by twice, from the front it didnt look too bad. looked worse when I was upside down of course.


                          Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                          Comment


                          • Looked really good in person. I wasnt able to climb up inside but the guys in the lot said it handled the pitch off the trailer pretty well. The only damage i saw was some bow scrapes and the roof extension is fed. Id buy it from the insurance company and fish the heck out of it.


                            Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            27' Wooldridge Super Sport Offshore Pilothouse PRIME TIME!
                            Kodiak Custom Fishing Tackle Pro Staff
                            Heavy Hitter Fishing Crew
                            MMSI# 338232859

                            Comment


                            • Should buff out...

                              Comment


                              • Man, he got "lucky?" there....
                                Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

                                Comment

                                Footer Adsense

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X