Winter in Homer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rob B View Post
    Yeah. We passed that too. Such a sad sight. Made me sick as well. Oh. And be careful in Anchor Point. That dang hill is bad right now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It was snowing when we came down it. Sitting in the harbor now with a PBR waiting on the sun.

Comment

• Originally posted by Andy82Hoyt View Post
      It was snowing when we came down it. Sitting in the harbor now with a PBR waiting on the sun.

A glass of bourbon and a warm heater cranking in the harbor too. Row DD

27' Wooldridge Super Sport Offshore Pilothouse PRIME TIME!
      Kodiak Custom Fishing Tackle Pro Staff
      Heavy Hitter Fishing Crew
      MMSI# 338232859

Comment

• Hope your all safely on the water dragging lures this morning!
        Bk

BK Marine Services 232-6399
        Alaskas only Planar diesel heaters dealer, service, warranty, and installation.
        Alaskas only Lonestar drum winch dealer, Whirlwind props, Stinger gearbox, and Alumatech airboats.
        Www.bkmarineservices.com

Comment

• Finally hooked up on one.

MMSI# 338232859

Comment

Finally hooked up on one.

You're going to love eating that. We ate a filet from one we caught during the week. It was delicious. Going to eat another filet on Monday. Can hardly wait.
            Hunt Ethically. Respect the Environment.

Comment

Finally hooked up on one.

Nice one. Save a couple for me, we will be down tomorrow, if I can get the boat out of the driveway

Responsible Conservation > Political Allocation

Comment

• Originally posted by FishGod View Post
                I saw that wreck today as well, that was crazy. That large boat was upside down and I couldn't see the trailer. The truck looked ok. Scary stuff.
                Not to be a rubber necker but is there more information on this? Those of us that tow through the pass could learn something I'm sure even if we had a bit more information. Likely causes are using cruise control while towing and vehicle shifting into overdrive which breaks the rear end loose, causing the trailer to fish tail and the driver cannot get the trailer back under control or not enough tongue weight and the trailer popped off, or the latch was never secured properly? All three I have done. Fortunately, I was able to get the trailer under control from the fish tail, I was able to adjust my tongue weight before something bad happened and I've had two out of three tailgates with trailer bites.

Glad to hear that it seems no one was injured. With Homer Winter King Derby coming up hope everyone gets their equipment squared away.

Comment

• I don't know how you guys tow those boats in the winter ? I wouldn't have the stones to do it.
                  sigpic
                  Alaska Shrimp Pots

Rigid & Folding Shrimp & Crab Pots
                  Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
                  Ropes, Buoys, Bait
                  alaskashrimppots.com
                  akshrimppots@mtaonline.net
                  907 775 1692

Comment

• Originally posted by 1S1K View Post
                    Not to be a rubber necker but is there more information on this? Those of us that tow through the pass could learn something I'm sure even if we had a bit more information. Likely causes are using cruise control while towing and vehicle shifting into overdrive which breaks the rear end loose, causing the trailer to fish tail and the driver cannot get the trailer back under control or not enough tongue weight and the trailer popped off, or the latch was never secured properly? All three I have done. Fortunately, I was able to get the trailer under control from the fish tail, I was able to adjust my tongue weight before something bad happened and I've had two out of three tailgates with trailer bites.

Glad to hear that it seems no one was injured. With Homer Winter King Derby coming up hope everyone gets their equipment squared away.
                    The section of road where the wreck took place was icy in spots and had some decent bumps, ice heaves possibly. The truck was dwarfed by the size of the boat. Purely speculation, but I think they hit one of those bumps pretty hard and bounced the boat and the weight of the boat pushed the truck into a jackknife on an icy section of road. Too fast for the conditions and setup. Again, just my guess.
                    Your bait stinks and your boat is ugly

Comment

• Originally posted by potbuilder View Post
                      I don't know how you guys tow those boats in the winter ? I wouldn't have the stones to do it.
                      I tow TV down to Homer first of October so I don't have to tow her during the winter exactly for this reason, but I can drive down or fly down and fish a few times during the winter and not stress about the towing. I'm not sure any amount of studs, or chains would keep 15Klbs of trailer and boat from doing whatever it wanted if the wrong set of circumstances arose. I'll tow her back first of April.

Comment

• I'm shocked there isn't any info posted anywhere on this accident too.
                        MMSI# 338232859

Comment

I'm shocked there isn't any info posted anywhere on this accident too.
                          I just see that boat in a lot off king street in Anchorage. Drove by twice, from the front it didnt look too bad. looked worse when I was upside down of course.

Comment

• Looked really good in person. I wasnt able to climb up inside but the guys in the lot said it handled the pitch off the trailer pretty well. The only damage i saw was some bow scrapes and the roof extension is fed. Id buy it from the insurance company and fish the heck out of it.

MMSI# 338232859

Comment

• Should buff out...

Comment

• Man, he got "lucky?" there....
                                Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X