Who makes the best circle hook?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who makes the best circle hook?

I am going to make up some leaders. Who do you think has the best hooks?

I would say Owner, or Gamakatsu

Comment

Lot of options, with most good. I'm perfectly happy with Mustads for bait.

But any you buy should be OFFSET at least a little. Worst I've ever used were some Eagle Claws that didn't have an offset. Man, talk about a bunch of missed hits.... All was well after I took them for a short visit to my bench vise. Added a little offset, and then they started fishing just fine.
      "Lay in the weeds and wait, and when you get your chance to say something, say something good."
      Merle Haggard

Comment

+1 to brownbear

Here's an interesting read if you are tying your own leaders. I understand holding a rod is different than long lining but interesting to me nevertheless,

http://www.iphc.int/publications/rar.../RARA00_12.pdf

Page 397 on hook threading and the figure on 407 as its numbered on the document was my simple take away...I still HATE circle hooks off a kayak... that is a whole different story though.

Comment

Originally posted by Kardinal_84 View Post
          ...I still HATE circle hooks off a kayak... that is a whole different story though.
          I bet the story involves removing the hook from fish!

Cool pub, Rudy. Thanks for the link! :topjob:
          "Lay in the weeds and wait, and when you get your chance to say something, say something good."
          Merle Haggard

Comment

Originally posted by Kardinal_84 View Post
            +1 to brownbear

Here's an interesting read if you are tying your own leaders. I understand holding a rod is different than long lining but interesting to me nevertheless,

http://www.iphc.int/publications/rar.../RARA00_12.pdf

Page 397 on hook threading and the figure on 407 as its numbered on the document was my simple take away...I still HATE circle hooks off a kayak... that is a whole different story though.
            Thanks a ton for the link. I use a long line and some great takeaways from this study.
            In 1492 Native Americans discovered Columbus lost at sea

If I come across as an arrogant, know-it-all jerk, it's because I am

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
            Working...
            X