Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats your favorte color Black Rockfish jig?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats your favorte color Black Rockfish jig?

Well it wont be to long and I will start working on some jigs for next year. I am going to make some 4-6oz jigs and was wondering what your favorite color is for Black Rockfish. I know they are not too picky but some colors do seem to work better than others.

Green backs over white bellies.
    "Lay in the weeds and wait, and when you get your chance to say something, say something good."
    Merle Haggard

Comment

This past weekend and many others too, we killed them using solid white or pink 6 oz. PLine jigs.
      27' Wooldridge Super Sport Offshore Pilothouse PRIME TIME!
      Kodiak Custom Fishing Tackle Pro Staff
      Heavy Hitter Fishing Crew
      MMSI# 338232859

Comment

A charter friend of mine bought 100 4oz rockfish jigs from me this year.
        He didn't want them to have any extras such as 3D eyes as he planned on losing most of them to the rocks and kelp.He said he lost 85 jigs the previous year. Mostly because clients do not listen.
        All he wanted was plain white.
        "The closer I get to nature the farther I am from idiots"

"Fishing and Hunting are only an addiction if you're trying to quit"

Comment

If the black rockfish are there they will eat anything..
          2007 Kingfisher 2825 - Stor Fisk

Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top. -- Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Straight silver, and if anything else, a slight blue to their back.

Comment

Silver diamond jig.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Do I give my friends advice? Jesus, no. They wouldn't take advice from me. Nobody should take advice from me. I haven't got a clue about anything..

Comment

Pink/white or blue/white Dungeness stingers.
                2007 24ft NorthRiver OS
                Twin 175 Suzuki's
                "Thunderbird"
                MMSI #338033856

Comment

I like white but I would be just as concerned with getting the best quality needlepoint and size hooks than color, I like owner hooks. 4-6 is ounce is heavier than I would normally use for rockies, I prefer 1-2 ounce, smaller is always better if you can get it down.
                  Redleader standing by

Comment

Silver diamond jig will out fish or keep up with anything I have on my boat if we are in fish.

Comment

Never had a bad day using chartreuse
                      Your bait stinks and your boat is ugly

Comment

Originally posted by FishGod View Post
                        Never had a bad day using chartreuse
                        For big old smart lake trout, White or light to dull green will out fish Chartreuse every time but for stupid rockfish it all works.
                        Redleader standing by

Comment

I haven't found black bass to be terribly picky. I prefer to use a salmon rod and hence tend to go with lighter jigs, basically 2-6 oz crippled herring or similar, though I've also take them on grub tails, diamond jigs, spoons, krocodiles and pretty much every thing I've thrown at them.

Summer before last this Gibbs accounted for several monster black bass (and a couple of lings) on one trip.

Those that are successful in Alaska are those who are flexible, and allow the reality of life in Alaska to shape their dreams, vs. trying to force their dreams on the reality of Alaska.

If you have a tenuous grasp of reality, Alaska is not for you.

Comment

White/glow here...after tons of trial and error I keep going back to white. As a matter of fact I believe white works for everything for some reason...likely a contrast thing when viewed from below against the sky.
                            sigpic

Heavy Hitter Fishing
                            https://www.facebook.com/pages/Heavy...54441957966186

Kodiak Custom Fishing Tackle Pro-Staff

Comment

On a side note, where you all finding those hooks in the photo above? Rig them yourself or buying pretty made ones?
                              2007 Kingfisher 2825 - Stor Fisk

Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top. -- Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X