Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kodiak this Sunday (8/24)! Seeking advice!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rudy...how did you get your kayak over to Kodiak? Fly or ferry? Expensive? Thanks...ulff

Comment

Ferry. Roughly 150 per person and 360 per vehicle under 19 ft round trip. Not bad if you split the vehicle 3 or 4 ways. We put kayaks on top of vehicle so no extra charge. So for 5 of us and two vehicles it totaled about 1600 for the ferry. We rented a house for about 1400. So the housing and transpiration to island was 3 grand or 600 per person. Cheap for a week of unguided fishing.

I'll write a better report later. Waiting to get on ferry. But Kodiak is awesome. We had terrible weather a few days but there seems to be shelter and good fishing virtually no matter which way the wind blows.

AlaskaKayakFisher.com
      Guidesak.blogspot.com
      My personal pages...I'm not a guide.

Comment

Originally posted by Kardinal_84 View Post
        We had terrible weather a few days but there seems to be shelter and good fishing virtually no matter which way the wind blows.
        You guys did it right. The beauty of the kayaks is that you can launch them almost anywhere and take advantage of the lees. With a trailer boat you're pretty well stuck with launch ramps and prevailing winds and seas. Even when you're set up for beach launching like we are, there aren't all that many suitable beaches for each wind direction.

Great job on the cost sharing, too. Guys oughta take notes.
        "Lay in the weeds and wait, and when you get your chance to say something, say something good."
        Merle Haggard

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
        Working...
        X