Sitka First Week of April

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sitka First Week of April

Going to be in Sitka the first week of April this year for a high school conference (I am the chaperone). I will be able to sneak away for a while (long while if needed) to play in an area of Alaska that I have not yet been. My first hope would be to get into some of that world class fishing I hear about in those parts. Will anything be going on that early in April (2-8th)?

If not that maybe someone can point me towards something in Sitka that would be cool to check out.

You mean next year right? April there is decent King Salmon fishing offshore here in Sitka. The Steelhead are starting into the river that time of year; and two rivers here should have some showing by that time. Rockfish/Lingcod/Halibut should be plentiful offshore year round; as they always are.

Comment

Yes for next year. Not a huge fan of halibut fishing but other websites indicate that the Kings start "end of April" so sounds like halibut charter may be my only really good bet? (Or maybe steelhead)

Comment

I'm sure a good charter will put you on the Kings in April. They are out there, it's just more of a grind fishing for them that time of year.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
        Working...
        X