Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bullelkklr
    replied
    We had lots of time, but got terrible pictures. It was kind of weird, while I was trying to unhook her, the porpoise circled and circled the boat like I have not had them do before.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Bullelkklr
    replied
    I caught a wolf fish a bit bigger than that on the East side of Knight Island. The larger ones that are brown are females I guess. We let her go, but I ate one that I caught on the East coast off of Plymouth Rock and it was very good.

Leave a comment:

• ramhunter
    replied
    looks like a wolf fish, not a wolf eel, we have caught a few wolf eels but never have caught a wolf fish!

Leave a comment:

• Garyak
    replied
    Originally posted by dieNqvrs View Post
    Yep, wolf eel. I caught one out side of Kodiak city a few years ago in 120 ft of water. Coolest looking fish I have ever caught. [ATTACH]79929[/ATTACH]
    I've caught several of them out in front of Pigot Bay in PWS...but none of them as large as the one pictured. I let most of them go but they do have nice, long filets but they're almost too mild in flavor for my taste. The toothy buggers have a will to live and will bite you if given the opportunity.

Leave a comment:

• Deak
    replied
    Wolf fish? It looks meatier than an eel...

Leave a comment:

• dieNqvrs
    replied
    Yep, wolf eel. I caught one out side of Kodiak city a few years ago in 120 ft of water. Coolest looking fish I have ever caught. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406872352.627401.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	51.7 KB
ID:	2492349

Leave a comment:

• kasilofchrisn
    replied
    Looks like a wolf eel.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolf_eel

Leave a comment:

• kodiakcombo
    started a topic what kind of fish is this?

what kind of fish is this?

About 100ft of water today Old Harbor, rocky bottom in a bay http://youtu.be/iIGTLiRc9lQ

Footer Adsense

Collapse
Working...
X