Whittier Exploring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whittier Exploring

Well, the wife and I decided to burn some fuel and search for our long lost shrimp pots. After several hours cruising the shoreline and glassing open water, we gave up and hit one of our usually halibut spots. Picked up a couple and lost some too. Headed into Nellie Juan since we've never been in there and found the much discussed white sand beaches. We had a great time exploring that beautiful spot. If you haven't been there, you are missing out.

27' Wooldridge Super Sport Offshore Pilothouse PRIME TIME!
    Kodiak Custom Fishing Tackle Pro Staff
    Heavy Hitter Fishing Crew
    MMSI# 338232859

Great pictures and love that place. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Rob that looks like a very cool spot.
      Is it opening day of duck season yet
      Member of Alaska Waterfowl Association

Comment

nice pictures rob, Deep water bay is a nice place to visit. I go there fairly often and the shrimping isn't to bad. Its a nice hike also. We where there on saturday and stayed out at knight on sunday.

Comment

One of our favorite places as well! Doesn't get much better than that!

Comment

Man that weather looks awesome!
            Nice kayaks, btw!!
            BK
            BK Marine Services 232-6399
            Alaskas only Planar diesel heaters dealer, service, warranty, and installation.
            Alaskas only Lonestar drum winch dealer, Whirlwind props, Stinger gearbox, and Alumatech airboats.
            Www.bkmarineservices.com

Comment

Thanks guys. We had a great time out as always. The kayaks sure add to the trips now.
              MMSI# 338232859

Comment

Awesome! I haven't been to the white sand beach but its on my list.
                ... aboard the 'Memory Maker' sigpic Making Memories one Wave at a Time!

Comment

Nice place, but lots of dang flies.....

Comment

Originally posted by T.R. Bauer View Post
                    Nice place, but lots of dang flies.....
                    That describes most of PWS
                    Those that are successful in Alaska are those who are flexible, and allow the reality of life in Alaska to shape their dreams, vs. trying to force their dreams on the reality of Alaska.

If you have a tenuous grasp of reality, Alaska is not for you.

Comment

True. But, it seems to have more than a fair share. They must like the sand too!

Originally posted by Paul H View Post
                      That describes most of PWS

Comment

Originally posted by T.R. Bauer View Post
                        True. But, it seems to have more than a fair share. They must like the sand too!
                        I would agree. It seems like Deep Water Bay is buggier than most anchorages. Great pics Rob! How is the pup adjusting to the boating life?
                        sigpicSpending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

Comment

Shes doing much better now. Still hates the bumpy times, but she sure loves riding on top of the kayaks. That life jacket makes it easier to pull her back in when she dives in after the birds....
                          MMSI# 338232859

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X