Whittier Kings!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whittier Kings!!!!!

My brother is coming up before he heads to basic training and so I'm taking him out of Whittier to do some fishing. Would like to get him on some kings but I've never fished them out there before so I was curious if anyone new of any places to try out by knight island. I can make 140 mile round trip with my boat but would be nice I didn't have to go that far. Thanks for the info in advance!!

Seward might be a more realistic option if you want to catch a king with a short run from the dock.
    BK
    BK Marine Services 232-6399
    Alaskas only Planar diesel heaters dealer, service, warranty, and installation.
    Alaskas only Lonestar drum winch dealer, Whirlwind props, Stinger gearbox, and Alumatech airboats.
    Www.bkmarineservices.com

Comment

I think Homer will be your best bet for Kings, not saying you will not find a few in Seward.
      sigpic
      Sweepint
      Wasilla,
      '' Livn' The Dream ''
      26' Hewescraft Cuddy, twin 115 Yam

Comment

If you want Kings, Homer has it going hot this year and no sign of slowing down!!!!! We owe big thanks to BC,OR, and WA for the best King year ever! Out of 145 kings in the last month only 3 spawners on a friends boat.

Comment

There are kings to be had just outside the harbor. I talked with a fellow that caught 30+ kings trolling last season. It could be a fish story, but I do see several of the same boats trolling along the break water and around towards where the processors dump the scraps. If you are dead set on Whittier, this could be the ticket.
          sigpicSpending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

Comment

They stocked 60k to 100k starting in 2010 I think. I think roughly 2% make it back. Could be wrong on that number.

AlaskaKayakFisher.com
            Guidesak.blogspot.com
            My personal pages...I'm not a guide.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
            Working...
            X