Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In the last 10 days..

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • In the last 10 days..

    We blew the trolling motor, then broke down rigger base and lost the ball and swarm flasher, then another ball with swarm flasher, then blew a head gasket on the main....but we been also catching fish and have a backup boat! the Refuge Rock, ROCKS!
    Attached Files
    Providing trips for multilpe species for over 20 yrs
    www.kodiakcombos.com

  • #2
    Hopefully you are done with the bad stuff and can concentrate on fishing the rest of the summer!!!
    Kodiak Island Adventures
    907-539-6474
    Shearwater 38' Allen Marine Catamaran
    Lana J 40' USCG inspected

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Mel Roe View Post
      Hopefully you are done with the bad stuff and can concentrate on fishing the rest of the summer!!!
      Im lucky my wonderful wife is dealing with the blown engine and the bank etc...and I can concentrate on where the fish are!
      Providing trips for multilpe species for over 20 yrs
      www.kodiakcombos.com

      Comment


      • #4
        Sam and the boys said they had a great time with you, even with spending a couple extra days with weather.
        In 1492 Native Americans discovered Columbus lost at sea
        _________________________________________________

        If I come across as an arrogant, know-it-all jerk, it's because I am

        Comment


        • #5
          Sorry to hear about all your troubles Jeff but glad to hear you are persevereing. And catching some fish to boot.
          If you ever need some downrigger weights I know where you can get some 8# and 10# fish shaped ones. They even come with a forum members discount.lol
          "The closer I get to nature the farther I am from idiots"

          "Fishing and Hunting are only an addiction if you're trying to quit"

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by kasilofchrisn View Post
            Sorry to hear about all your troubles Jeff but glad to hear you are persevereing. And catching some fish to boot.
            If you ever need some downrigger weights I know where you can get some 8# and 10# fish shaped ones. They even come with a forum members discount.lol
            Id have to learn how to fish all over again with the lighter weights. just the other day I tried a 10lber and wondered why the fish weren't releasing from release. I bury the lines in the release with 12-15pound weights. I learned you gotta go kinda light with the 10lb weights or the kings swim with the weights for awhile. Thanks guys.
            Providing trips for multilpe species for over 20 yrs
            www.kodiakcombos.com

            Comment


            • #7
              Man, those are FISH! Right now we're swarmed with the fish from the road system plantings. Lotta fish and lotta fun, but mostly popped out of a mold in the 27" to 34" range.

              Good point on the releases versus ball weight too. These little guys can't bust free if you bury the line much at all, but meanwhile don't set the hook so well when popping free.

              Interesting side note- We've done a 2x or 3x on our catch rate switching to mooching recently. Tapping out in under an hour more often than not with 4 fish for 2 rods. And for some reason it's been best while anchored rather than drifting. It all started by "accident" while anchored for halibut and seeing midwater bait. Tried drifting the same water without luck, but the minute we anchor, we hook up almost immediately. And boats trolling around us aren't scoring.

              Just plain weird, but it might be an interesting experiment for you down at RR.
              "Lay in the weeds and wait, and when you get your chance to say something, say something good."
              Merle Haggard

              Comment


              • #8
                limit of smallies

                limit of kings today, but nothing over 30lbs, sorry about the blurry pics
                Attached Files
                Providing trips for multilpe species for over 20 yrs
                www.kodiakcombos.com

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by kodiakcombo View Post
                  Id have to learn how to fish all over again with the lighter weights. just the other day I tried a 10lber and wondered why the fish weren't releasing from release. I bury the lines in the release with 12-15pound weights. I learned you gotta go kinda light with the 10lb weights or the kings swim with the weights for awhile. Thanks guys.
                  Hmmm....
                  I may have to invest in a 12# mold then. I had been considering it but wasn't sure how many people use that large of a weight.
                  Thanks for the info.
                  "The closer I get to nature the farther I am from idiots"

                  "Fishing and Hunting are only an addiction if you're trying to quit"

                  Comment

                  Footer Adsense

                  Collapse
                  Working...
                  X