X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FishGod
    replied
    Originally posted by coho slayer View Post
    Watched a boat from shore fishing just off the jetty near where the fish effluent and herring are. Hooked into a big halibut, fought it for about 20-25 minutes, got it to the boat, attempted a harpoon and somehow managed to lose the fish. Poor guy stooped over the gunwale looking totally crestfallen and stunned....I felt for him.

I'm not kidding. It was a nice fish 2 minutes out of the harbor. Might be worth a shot.
    I've caught some nice halibut and kings there in the past.

Leave a comment:

• coho slayer
    replied
    Watched a boat from shore fishing just off the jetty near where the fish effluent and herring are. Hooked into a big halibut, fought it for about 20-25 minutes, got it to the boat, attempted a harpoon and somehow managed to lose the fish. Poor guy stooped over the gunwale looking totally crestfallen and stunned....I felt for him.

I'm not kidding. It was a nice fish 2 minutes out of the harbor. Might be worth a shot.

Leave a comment:

• Rob B
    replied
    Areas around the west side Lone Island are pretty good too. Just check out the NOAA charts and look for some humps surrounded by deeper water.

Leave a comment:

• Andy82Hoyt
    replied
    Well if ya wanna fish 300-330 I'd say the structure N. of perry island but east of egg rock will produce on an incoming tide. I got lucky there Thursday with 2 over 20 and one over 30. In about 2 hours. Not the greatest but for being close to Whittier I was happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Yeti
    started a topic Whittier Halibut

Whittier Halibut

How has the fishing been our of Whittier lately? I am planning on going in the next day or so. Gonna drop the pots and cruise around for halibut. I can't make the run to Montegue, any other suggestions? I'm planning on still fishing deep, 200+.

Footer Adsense

Collapse
Working...
X