Ok, I'll ask....what the hell is that?

Comment

Sleeper shark

Living the Alaska Dream
      Living the Alaskan Dream
      Gary Keller
      Anchorage, AK

Comment

Lol I was gonna ask the same question but I was afraid it was common knowledge

Sent from my LG-P769 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

I caught one about 5 yrs ago in 150' of water off of Deep Creek. It behaved like a giant slug or blob. Was not too anxious to handle it.

Comment

I saw two at the surface in two areas this last weekend. Never seen one before and was surprised to see two. They were cruising the surface.
            ... aboard the 'Memory Maker' sigpic Making Memories one Wave at a Time!

Comment

Not the same elegant creature you picture in your mind when you hear "shark", are they...

Comment

And for those shark eaters in the group, beware of these ones. I heard somewhere they are darn near inedible/poisonous if not cooked twice. Might be an old wives tale. Maybe someone can confirm or deny?

Comment

I've caught numerous sharks growing up up and down east coast . I will say this shark skin was the roughest one I've ever touched.
                  Those teeth were something to look at !

Living the Alaska Dream
                  Living the Alaskan Dream
                  Gary Keller
                  Anchorage, AK

Comment

Yeah I read that they produce a nitrogenous waste the stays in the skin to help with the pressure of 1000ft depths

Sent from my LG-P769 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Where did you catch it?

Comment

Whitter in 1200 feet of water. Was trying to catch sable fish .

Living the Alaska Dream
                        Living the Alaskan Dream
                        Gary Keller
                        Anchorage, AK

Comment

Originally posted by rimfirematt View Post
                          Where did you catch it?
                          In the mouth......LOL!!!
                          BK Marine Services 232-6399
                          Alaskas only Planar diesel heaters dealer, service, warranty, and installation.
                          Alaskas only Lonestar drum winch dealer, Whirlwind props, Stinger gearbox, and Alumatech airboats.
                          Www.bkmarineservices.com

Comment

Well, I know that folks in Iceland and some of the Scandanavian countries eat Greenland shark, which is a type of sleeper shark. They have an aging/fermentation process & it's supposed to be a delicacy. The 'river monsters' guy ate some on one of his episodes ... the look on his face was, well ... he looked like he was fighting back tears & he said it had a very strong, pungent odor and taste comparable to limburger cheese.

Originally posted by akshootnscoot View Post
                            And for those shark eaters in the group, beware of these ones. I heard somewhere they are darn near inedible/poisonous if not cooked twice. Might be an old wives tale. Maybe someone can confirm or deny?

Comment

Originally posted by Zeek the Greek View Post
                              Well, I know that folks in Iceland and some of the Scandanavian countries eat Greenland shark, which is a type of sleeper shark. They have an aging/fermentation process & it's supposed to be a delicacy. The 'river monsters' guy ate some on one of his episodes ... the look on his face was, well ... he looked like he was fighting back tears & he said it had a very strong, pungent odor and taste comparable to limburger cheese.
                              Limburger is flavorful probably more to the side of gamalost that

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X