Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody do any boat rentals from Bayes boat rental in Homer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody do any boat rentals from Bayes boat rental in Homer?

They are asking 600 per day for a 22 foot Hewescraft, enclosed cabin with a 115 Yamaha. Sounds like a fair price to me if you get 4 people together. Anybody???:shot:
    If a dipnetter dips a fish and there is no one around to see/hear it, Did he really dip? ALASKADIPNETTING.NET

Originally posted by thewhop2000 View Post
    They are asking 600 per day for a 22 foot Hewescraft, enclosed cabin with a 115 Yamaha. Sounds like a fair price to me if you get 4 people together. Anybody???:shot:
    I was on the vessel yesterday as a matter of fact!!! very well kept, very clean ride, I have Known Capt Bayes for many years and his equipment is well maintained. I told him the boat was tooo clean and needs some fish slime on it:topjob: For more info you can Like Bayes Boat Rentals on Facebook! Good Luck and Safe Boating!! cheers

Comment

I have also seen his boat.Very well kept, with kicker and raft. Sweet outfit and two butts any size.

Comment

I think if you need other gear they will have it for rent too. Who know might be some hot spots on the GPS! looks like a very nice boat.

Comment

Hope he has good insurance or maybe just rents it out on calm, low tide days. IMO renting out a boat in potentially dangerous waters to inexperienced operators is a very stupid idea that I wouldn't want any part of.
          Redleader standing by

Comment

As for insurance, yes he has good insurance. Renting a boat to inexperienced operators is not as bad, as selling a boat to a stupid person! In 21 years in the CG I saw many more boat owners that should have never left their yard, than people renting boats having problems on the water. I have rented boats, and was given a set of rules I had to follow. If a Jackwad owns a boat no one tells him how not to be a Jackwad. If you want to see danger go set at a boat ramp on a weekend!

Comment

Does the 600 per day include fuel? GPS coords should be part of his accessory package; if you want them, you pay for them.
              TIGHT LINES...ALASKA!!
              2005 Trophy Pro 2359
              "Nut-N-Honey"

Comment

Their website has more details. You have to pay for your own fuel. 30 mile limited distance - all this if this is the one advertising on craigs.

Comment

I'm not sure if that is a good deal in the Homer area, but I would say that it is double the price you would pay for a similar boat in Ketchikan.

Comment

Originally posted by MGH55 View Post
                    As for insurance, yes he has good insurance. Renting a boat to inexperienced operators is not as bad, as selling a boat to a stupid person! In 21 years in the CG I saw many more boat owners that should have never left their yard, than people renting boats having problems on the water. I have rented boats, and was given a set of rules I had to follow. If a Jackwad owns a boat no one tells him how not to be a Jackwad. If you want to see danger go set at a boat ramp on a weekend!
                    Yep, some may be better off renting and getting some lessons first prior to buying their own boat.
                    Redleader standing by

Comment

How many days a week do you think he rents this boat out?

Comment

This is his first year doing this, so you would have to call him and ask. If you want to have a shot at two halibut of any size rent a boat. If you want one of any size and one under 29" go on a charter. If you have no clue on how or where to catch a halibut go on a charter. If you just want to have a great day with just your friends rent a boat or pay for a whole boat charter just for your group. If you are smart you would go on a charter the first day to learn how and where to fish, or at least have a shot at killing some nice fish on your own and rent a boat for the rest of your stay in Homer.

Comment

I don't want to rent a boat I have one. But for $600 a day I would sure rent it out.

Comment

I think the gps coordinates are off limits now. Shore based "guiding" or assisting has been outlawed.
                            Alaska Wide Open Charters
                            www.alaskawideopen.com
                            907-965-0130

Comment

Originally posted by elim View Post
                              I don't want to rent a boat I have one. But for $600 a day I would sure rent it out.
                              That's crazy expensive, IMO, until you look at what they want for a new one.
                              Alaska Wide Open Charters
                              www.alaskawideopen.com
                              907-965-0130

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X