Seward red snagging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seward red snagging

Hi I have never done the snagging in Seward and I was wondering when was the et time to go? As always any help is greatly appreciated thanks

Ditto. Get me my 6-12 fish and I might stay of your dipnet beach this year.

Comment

I have always done good around memorial day weekend, slightly poorer before and better after. Not sure if that helps out or not. Best of luck to you. If you get there when the fish are in, it could be a blast.

Comment

We did OK on June 16-17 last year, but I think that was about the end of it. We'll be hitting it this year June 6th thru 9th, hope we get into them a little better.

Comment

Late late May, to the middle of June. Make sure you have a sturdy rod, the longer the better, to cover more ground. http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...ght=seward+red

:topjob:

Comment

Can you get a boat to the snagging areas if the tide is up? I was thinking that since we are down there that weekend anyway and the boat will hopefully be in a transient slip - maybe check out the red snagging via my floater?

Comment

I attempted to get close last year with no luck. I don't remember what the tide was like that day. It seems like a long shallow flat beach to me. Even if you beached the boat it would be a long walk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Na - I will just take my waders and use the truck if we decide to go that route.

Comment

I will be down there the weekend of the 30th camping. Stop on by. There may be a beer left!

Sent while partying

Alaska swamp man pro staff
                  I will never be a "Prostaffer" its not that I am not good enough
                  but its because I refuse to pimp products for free.

Comment

I'm planing on heading over next week for some fresh reds

Comment

start paying attention to the commercial harvest numbers for resurrection, this will give you a good guideline as when to go. if their numbers are up, go, fish through the night tides while the commercial boats are required to be off the water.

Comment

I'd like to give it a shot, but where do you go? Up Nash road or that road by the sea life center? I haven't been to Seward for quite awhile...

Comment

Nash road.

Comment

They are predicting that the first fish will be available tomorrow for the cost recovery fisherman. With that, id say plan next weekend at earliest thru first week of June for it to be hot. Just my two cents, keep watching numbers build and this will tell you when to go and not waste a trip.

Comment

If a guy parks and walks across right at the delta, what kind of depths are we gonna be looking at?

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X