Whittier parking,Rates and slip updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whittier parking,Rates and slip updates

Just got back from Whittier shrimping. The boat yard had no snow do not know why they were not open maybe waiting for it to dry up. The harbor master just said park in the pavement lot. Also they are selling half of the transit slips. So if you use them at all it's going to be tuff this summer if you get back late to the harbor

PEOPLE SAY I HAVE A.D.D I DON'T UNDERSTA.....OH LOOK A MOOSE !!!

they needed to raise the rates to cover all the improvements they made ????
    sigpic
    Alaska Shrimp Pots

Rigid & Folding Shrimp & Crab Pots
    Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
    Ropes, Buoys, Bait
    alaskashrimppots.com
    akshrimppots@mtaonline.net
    907 775 1692

Comment

Originally posted by potbuilder View Post
      they needed to raise the rates to cover all the improvements they made ????
      The gal at the top of the ramp get new teeth?
      2000 Bayliner Ciera Express 2452
      5.0 Mercruiser Alpha 1

Comment

Getting Cheaper to go to Seward all the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Man- that is quite the jump. Making backpacking into the chugach look better each year.........

Comment

Whittier parking,Rates and slip updates

Holy crap. I'm pissed. I just bought my launch pass even though I knew I should have just launched for free like many others. What a bunch of asshats in that crap hole of a town. They should just blow the tunnel and leave them to themselves.
            27' Wooldridge Super Sport Offshore Pilothouse PRIME TIME!
            Kodiak Custom Fishing Tackle Pro Staff
            Heavy Hitter Fishing Crew
            MMSI# 338232859

Comment

Nothing will ever change unless enough folks push there hand in doing so.
              sigpic
              Sweepint
              Wasilla,
              '' Livn' The Dream ''
              26' Hewescraft Cuddy, twin 115 Yam

Comment

Never gonna change, If hated it as much as some of the other whinners I would go to Seward also. I am guessing that when the shrimping gets closed there will be alot less boaters wanting to go there.
                "Nothing worse than a GROUSE!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Rob B View Post
                  Holy crap. I'm pissed. I just bought my launch pass even though I knew I should have just launched for free like many others. What a bunch of asshats in that crap hole of a town. They should just blow the tunnel and leave them to themselves.
                  What is the launch fee? I forgot. Did it increase, too?

Comment

Originally posted by Garyak View Post
                    What is the launch fee? I forgot. Did it increase, too?
                    Don't remember but 2 nights parking and 2 nights in a slip plus the launch was $68
                    PEOPLE SAY I HAVE A.D.D I DON'T UNDERSTA.....OH LOOK A MOOSE !!!

Comment

Launch is still $20 a day or $153 for the year if I remember right. I paid for a few says of parking at the same time so I sort of lost track.
                      MMSI# 338232859

Comment

Any more the only reason I do go to Whittier is for the shrimping, I will only make it there once this year and the rest will be Seward or Homer.
                        sigpic
                        Sweepint
                        Wasilla,
                        '' Livn' The Dream ''
                        26' Hewescraft Cuddy, twin 115 Yam

Comment

Originally posted by Rob B View Post
                          Launch is still $20 a day or $153 for the year if I remember right. I paid for a few says of parking at the same time so I sort of lost track.
                          You can pay for an annual launch fee? How do they regulate that? Is there a sticker or something. Even if I don't launch my boat 8 times this year its just easier than remembering to have enough cash to cover both parking and launch.

Comment

Two. It's a sticker. I usually just out it on the boat window. Some people put it on the trailer but I don't want it stolen while it's in that dump of a parking lot
                            MMSI# 338232859

Comment

So, regular parking for my truck and trailer is $15 per day. $45 for a Fri - Sun typical weekend. Seasonal is $700.00 which at $45 a weekend is 15.5 weekends. I might be able to launch 12 weekends between now and Oct. Annual launch fee is $153.00. So what does $853 get me in the way of convenience? I still have to wait in line to launch, but I with an annual launch pass I don't have to worry about that paperwork and I still have to drive my truck and trailer over to the lot and walk back, but don't have to pay anyone for the parking cause I bought the $700.00 seasonal pass. I'm not seeing any real time saver other than not having to fill out paperwork and carry cash. Am I missing something. Do seasonal parking pass holders get closer parking? Is there a special launch for annual launch pass holders (I'm being sarcastic) but you catch my drift. Anyways, only been launching one year at Whittier so maybe I'm missing something. I'm willing to pay for convenience or preference, but for those prices I can also teach myself to remember cash and have the wife fill out the paperwork like I see everyone else's wife doing.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X