Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first time ever at the event.... wow. I did not have any idea what to expect, beautiful weather, almost totally flat ocean, and I was getting to fish with last years 2nd Place finisher, Eric Kjelland. I did not catch a single fish myself but our boat had four anglers and went 3 for 5 in the boat. The largest was 17 lbs.

Even without a fish for myself, I had a good time. The post fishing event and award ceremony allowed me to meet a few folks i had only ever talked with online - Rudy T had to be my highlight. I follwed his ice fishing blogs a few years back and alwasy wanted a chance to meet up with him. Just might have to come back next year.

Thanks to everyone and the city of Homer hosting a terrific event. Might have to come back and actually catch a winter king salmon next time.

sigpic
    Jedi Salmon Powers Activated!
    www.alaskansalmonslayers.com

Comment

• Raymond tepp needs to go to Vegas.... 1st place in 2014 and 3rd place 2015, Lucky !
      sigpic
      Jedi Salmon Powers Activated!
      www.alaskansalmonslayers.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Michael Strahan View Post
        Great photo, Rudy! I fear that I'm gonna join you guys down there one day, perhaps this year. Don't know how I'll swing the gear and all, but it's been on my mind for sure!

Anyway, glad your family made it down too! Great memories I'm sure! I'm going to try to get to your seminar at the sportsman show. Lots to learn!

-Mike
        Yes you will be fishing with us! This year! We have the gear. I'm pretty sure Mark said they'd be renting drysuits too if we can't find ya one! I'd say anytime from Mid-May through November we can get you on the water for some decent fishing so pick a time!!!!!!

I'll definitely try and make it to one of your seminars. We are head to head Friday I think next to each other no less...I am bringing my guitar amp! just kidding!

Originally posted by JediMasterSalmonSlayer View Post
        My first time ever at the event.... wow. I did not have any idea what to expect, beautiful weather, almost totally flat ocean, and I was getting to fish with last years 2nd Place finisher, Eric Kjelland. I did not catch a single fish myself but our boat had four anglers and went 3 for 5 in the boat. The largest was 17 lbs.

Even without a fish for myself, I had a good time. The post fishing event and award ceremony allowed me to meet a few folks i had only ever talked with online - Rudy T had to be my highlight. I follwed his ice fishing blogs a few years back and alwasy wanted a chance to meet up with him. Just might have to come back next year.

Thanks to everyone and the city of Homer hosting a terrific event. Might have to come back and actually catch a winter king salmon next time.

It was an honor meeting you Jedi! Love the Alaska Salmon Slayers website and Facebook. Looks like you are reaching out and getting folks excited about fishing...even in landlocked Fairbanks! That's awesome!!! We are definitely going to try and convince you to come out with us as well! Let's do this!!!!

Comment

• Our first time at the Derby as well and we had a blast! I agree with the kudos to the Chamber for putting on an awesome event. We had 6 anglers on board and boated 10 for the day... unfortunately all in the 8-10 pound range. But it's hard to complain with constant action and a beautiful day like that.

We tried heading over to the compass hole on Sunday morning to see about some halibut, but to no avail. Do the butts move out into deeper water for the winter in K-Bay as well and then follow the salmon runs back into shallower water in the summer? Just curious for next year, won't waste my time if there isn't gonna be anybody home.
          The Tug is the Drug
          -----------------------------------------------------------------------
          2007 Wooldridge Super Sport Offshore - Evinrude Etec 225 - "Eagle VI"

Comment

• Homer Winter King Salmon Tournament

Not sure how a panoramic pic will load but here's a shot!

What.
            A.
            Day!

Good fishing with everyone again, this is our fifth year in a row and we don't plan on stopping!

Thanks again to the Homer chamber for putting this together!

Jamie

"Little Queen"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Kardinal_84 View Post
              But more than anything, I appreciated this event because i got this photo! Definitely displacing one of the top photos in the family album! Thanks again Homer!

That's as good as it gets Rudy. Three or four generations down the road, that's still going to be the prize photo. Well done.
              "Lay in the weeds and wait, and when you get your chance to say something, say something good."
              Merle Haggard

Comment

• We lost a fish on Saturday... And ended up catching one Sunday.. What a blast.

Last year i won the YouTube Video contest and there is not one this year, so i cant officially defend my "title"..

Here is a trailer for a video of this years derby! Enjoy.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XE-cc-Ngre0

Comment

• MONEY pic for sure! Best of times that you'll hang on to forever.

Well.... at least til dementia sets in.
                  "Let every angler who loves to fish think what it would mean to him to find the fish were gone." Zane Grey
                  sigpic
                  The KeenEye MD

Comment

• Time for the 2016 King Derby,, new thread?? Who is in this year? Based on the current fishing success and the projected tides, Saturday morning should be epic. See you there!

Comment

• I'm going to finally be off work for the derby again this year. Can't wait.

Sent from my HTC One A9 using Tapatalk
                      Responsible Conservation > Political Allocation

Comment

• Family and I will be entering for our first time! Excited.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        2005 Weldcraft 24' Ocean King
                        Keepin R' Wet
                        Wasilla, AK

Comment

• My brother and his son-in-law are flying up from NM for the tournament. Team Skookum! (Hopefully w can throw Pepe off the boat early in the game and not get skunked this year...)
                          Cliffhanger
                          http://www.farnorthpress.com/

Comment

• Hoping to make it down for my first time.
                            2007 Kingfisher 2825 - Stor Fisk

Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top. -- Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

• Originally posted by JR2 View Post
                              Hoping to make it down for my first time.
                              It would be good to see you down there

Sent from my HTC One A9 using Tapatalk
                              Responsible Conservation > Political Allocation

Comment

• Road conditions are the biggest worry...
                                2007 Kingfisher 2825 - Stor Fisk

Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top. -- Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X