kennicott/McCarthy fishing?

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Attention Alaska Artisans and Product Manufacturers!

If you are an Alaska-based Artisan, Crafstman, Author, or Product Manufacturer, or any local business offering products available for sale, we welcome you to add a listing to the AOS Directory. Basic listings are free, and include a summary of your business, physical address, 1 photo and an email address.
Paid listings are being offered through a special promotion: $150/year includes a Featured Directory listing, a link to your website, phone number, email address and a forum welcome announcement linked to your directory listing. We look forward to presenting Alaska products to our audience! Please send an email message to customerservice@alaskaoutdoorssupersite.com if you would like to submit your listing or receive additional information.
Click arrow in top right corner for next announcement.
See more
See less
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • kennicott/McCarthy fishing?

    A couple of my friends and I are going to the Kennicott mines this weekend. Does anyone know of any good fishing along the way (any kind of fish will do). Thanks for any advice.

  • #2
    Silver Lake, just past the bridge a little way, private launch and camping, the guy wants money but he will rent you a boat, with motor so that is cool. Some public access, but you can only be shown the area, as I cannot describe to you the way to the water and it is a fair walk around the lake. Large Rainbows

    Strelna Lake and Creek, short walk, best fished with a canoe or belly boat. Grayling and Mediocre Rainbows

    Couple of unnamed lakes near McCarthy, you will see them from the road, short hike. Grayling
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

    Comment


    • #3
      Dipnet

      You can also dipnet in the Copper River at Chitna on your way.

      Comment


      • #4
        Thanks guys, I will definitely try the rainbow and grayling fishing, and maybe even try my hand a dipnetting if i have the time.

        Comment

        Footer Adsense

        Collapse
        Working...
        X