Reds in the Russian?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reds in the Russian?

Just finished reading a couple of reports over at the Alaska Outdoor Journal site and it seems that they are catching Reds in the Russian. Anybody been there since the opening? I'm gonna check the regs and maybe head down there tomorrow. Probably should get a license also. )

Oh yeah, what's this junior member stuff? I'm waaay too old to be a junior anything.

My friend is down there now and called me to let me know that the fish are in. He did say the experince people fishing the russian are limiting out and the novice are having a hard time catching reds. Also the Water is high.
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Comment

Originally posted by Alaska Gray
      My friend is down there now and called me to let me know that the fish are in. He did say the experince people fishing the russian are limiting out and the novice are having a hard time catching reds. Also the Water is high.
      Sounds good. I've been fishing in Alaska for 10 years so I just barely qualify as "experienced". (grin)

Comment

Water level.

Hope they leave a few, if the water is high now, should be real high with all the rain that is projected. Will be there Weds and Thurs, with the boy.

Comment

I'm heading down tonight. Counting down the hours!!!!!
          Living the Alaskan Dream
          Gary Keller
          Anchorage, AK

Comment

Suicude run Alaska Gray?? I'm thinking about that myself!

Comment

Lemme know how it goes guys...I'm heading outta here 0400 tomorrow to try my luck up near the falls....
              “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― H.S.T.
              "Character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you."

Comment

Hippie how have you been? I have not shot my target bow since returning from Iraq. I ready to get back into it this fall.
                Maybe I will run into down there. I'm hoping to get Grayling parking space.
                Living the Alaskan Dream
                Gary Keller
                Anchorage, AK

Comment

Been good Gray. Glad yer back in one piece. Yeah if I can't get Grayling I usually park where they have room and walk the road TO grayling and fish up from there.

Wonder how the bear scene is down there? Got a lil' uncomfortable last year a few times with tourists/cheechako's trying for that "up close" pic of feeding brownies...At one stage Mom bluff charged, and (I kid you not) at least 8 people turned and with kids screaming full voice, RAN away from her....

...Was wondering who I would shoot if the mauling began...the bear or the idjits...glad the bear had more sense then the sheeple...and returned to her meal...
                  “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― H.S.T.

Comment

Originally posted by AlaskaHippie
                    Lemme know how it goes guys...I'm heading outta here 0400 tomorrow to try my luck up near the falls....
                    I'm leaving here tomorrow at 0700, see ya there.

Comment

I'll look for ya..

I'll be the one with the G-Loomis 8wt....multi patched breathable waders...black lab on a leash and .44

good luck.

Comment

8wt live dangerous go with a 6wy. I will be there with a 6wt. lamiglass. and with my 44mag.
                        Living the Alaskan Dream
                        Gary Keller
                        Anchorage, AK

Comment

the 6wt will be on the back pack for trout...The 8wt is for the "combat zone" fishing reds.... Tried the 6wt last year at the confluence...some folks just DON'T appreciate a well played fish on a 6lb tippet...

Comment

membership status

Oh yeah, what's this junior member stuff? I'm waaay too old to be a junior anything.[/QUOTE]

If you have x amounts of post's you're only a junior member, until you have posted over 30 times, then you earn your merit badge "Member" on this new forum, it doesn't go back & retrofit your old posts from the old forum, so everone starts off a new...100+ posts, & you earn the rank of Sargent Major of Forums here...or Senior Memeber...

Comment

Originally posted by AlaskaHippie
                              I'll look for ya..

I'll be the one with the G-Loomis 8wt....multi patched breathable waders...black lab on a leash and .44

good luck.
                              I'll be the handsome old guy with gray hair. At least that's what my wife says and who am I to argue? Unfortunately, I'm gonna have to fish with my spin rod and probably russian river flys this time. My fly rod is in the shop.

Oh yeah, I'll have a .44 also. Gonna be a lot of firepower down there tomorrow.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X