Valdez Update - Shore Fishing

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Attention Alaska Artisans and Product Manufacturers!

If you are an Alaska-based Artisan, Crafstman, Author, or Product Manufacturer, or any local business offering products available for sale, we welcome you to add a listing to the AOS Directory. Basic listings are free, and include a summary of your business, physical address, 1 photo and an email address.
Paid listings are being offered through a special promotion: $150/year includes a Featured Directory listing, a link to your website, phone number, email address and a forum welcome announcement linked to your directory listing. We look forward to presenting Alaska products to our audience! Please send an email message to customerservice@alaskaoutdoorssupersite.com if you would like to submit your listing or receive additional information.
Click arrow in top right corner for next announcement.
See more
See less
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Valdez Update - Shore Fishing

Hi: I am coming down to Valdez weekend of June 17th for a couple halibut charters, hope the fishing will be good. I am doing two charters, but couple guys not going the second day, so is there any opportunity for any shore fishing this time of year......thanks for any responses.

I have not seen anyone shore fishing as none of the salmon have come. You might catch some P Cod off the city docks.

Comment

Originally posted by captaindd View Post
      I have not seen anyone shore fishing as none of the salmon have come. You might catch some P Cod off the city docks.
      thats neat... wonder if its worth trying

Comment

Shore fishing is typically pretty slow until the pinks come in. There are 16'(?) boats available to rent in Valdez. It can be fun to just cruise around the port if the weather's right. Shoup Glacier at the NW corner of the port can be a "cool" destination. Watch out for the afternoon winds though.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
        Working...
        X