Anchor Point Calcutta King Derby 5-14-2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anchor Point Calcutta King Derby 5-14-2011

Just in case anyone is interested, the annual (22nd, I think) Calcutta king salmon derby is this saturday.
    Registration can be done between 5-7 PM at the Anchor Rver Inn, and is only $20.00 per boat!
    calcutta 7-9 pm, 12 hour derby, lines in at 6am, biggest king wins!
    really cool part is 50% of the derby moneys goes to the South Penninsula Sportsmans Assoc. to fun there KID days!
    usually a great time, and does benifit a really good cause, and more than pays for gas too! providing you are the lucky one.

tight lines
    Pole Bender
    www.polebendersfishing.com

POLE BENDER Are you saying registration is the night before at the Inn ? And calcutta 7-9 pm---what's that ? I like to support anything that benefits kids . What have been some historical results ? Got a link handy ?
    Thanks for the heads up.....

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Collett View Post
      POLE BENDER Are you saying registration is the night before at the Inn ? And calcutta 7-9 pm---what's that ? I like to support anything that benefits kids . What have been some historical results ? Got a link handy ?
      Thanks for the heads up.....
      Mark, this is not a huge derby and the advertising is, well pretty weak, usual 20 to 40 boats, many of which are skiffs, decisions have been made to cancel the derby due to the smaller boats, but usually goes off without a hitch.
      there unfortunatly is NO web site. i will try and scan and post the entry form today. the registration is 5 to 7 pm at the Inn, and then a calcutta auction after words, every boat entered gets a calcutta number and all have an oportunity to bid on the boat, some boats go for as little as 50-100 bucks, some as high as 6-700, with the avarage bieng around 2-300. you do not have to buy your own boat.
      if i remember right 50% of the total puse goes to the SPSA, 10% fisherman.40% calcutta winner.
      lots of friendly people, fishing for a duel purpose, and having fun, cant beat it.

Comment

Originally posted by POLE BENDER View Post
        Mark, this is not a huge derby and the advertising is, well pretty weak, usual 20 to 40 boats, many of which are skiffs, decisions have been made to cancel the derby due to the smaller boats, but usually goes off without a hitch.
        there unfortunatly is NO web site. i will try and scan and post the entry form today. the registration is 5 to 7 pm at the Inn, and then a calcutta auction after words, every boat entered gets a calcutta number and all have an oportunity to bid on the boat, some boats go for as little as 50-100 bucks, some as high as 6-700, with the avarage bieng around 2-300. you do not have to buy your own boat.
        if i remember right 50% of the total puse goes to the SPSA, 10% fisherman.40% calcutta winner.
        lots of friendly people, fishing for a duel purpose, and having fun, cant beat it.
        Dont have all the historical results, i can personally attest there have been a few over 50 lbs !
        have even seen fish in the upper 20lb class win.

Comment

POLEBENDER et al, just to clarify, this is the 17th annual.
          Purse= sportman assotiation gets 25%, fisherman gets 25% and whoever bought the boat gets 50%.
          So, if you buy your own boat and catch THE biggest fish you get 75%
          A fun time for sure see you there greg.

Comment

About the derby, I also wanted to mention if looking for a charter PoleBender would be my choice. I remember HIS boat won one year.

Comment

Originally posted by Roland on the River View Post
              About the derby, I also wanted to mention if looking for a charter PoleBender would be my choice. I remember HIS boat won one year.
              uuuhhhmmmmmm. that would be TWO my friend!!!!

long live the worm!!

Comment

Hmmmm....can someone register your boat for you? Making it down on Friday might be a bit tough. At least I'd feel I could buy my own boat fairly cheap! Since it will only be fishing one rod...and is 9 ft long. lol.

Comment

My interest is there also.Living in Soldotna,I could go down Friday nite to register but would rather register Saturday morning.Is that an option ? If so---great. If not---what Rudy said. Or are there other ways to at least get registered if not betting on boats.......Details please....

Comment

i FISH THE DERBY EVERY YEAR. tHEY ALWAYS SEND ME A REGISTRATION FORM. hERE'S WHAT IT SAYS.

wE MUST RECEIVE THE PAID ($20.00 PER BOAT) REGISTRATION FORM BY MAY 10TH OTHERWISE YOU WILL HAVE TO BRING THE FORM TO THE AUCTION IN PERSON FRIDAY NIGHT AT ANCHOR RIVER INN.

OK, YOU MIGHT CALL THE GUY IN CHARGE MERYL WOLFORD AT 235-7427 HOPE THIS HELPS

Comment

Too late for me to be a part of this this year. Next year I'm definitely in.

Comment

Originally posted by Roland on the River View Post
                        wE MUST RECEIVE THE PAID ($20.00 PER BOAT) REGISTRATION FORM BY MAY 10TH OTHERWISE YOU WILL HAVE TO BRING THE FORM TO THE AUCTION IN PERSON FRIDAY NIGHT AT ANCHOR RIVER INN.
                        Well that is a MAJOR BUMMER...for the people who expect any work for me on Friday! Haha...

Guess I'll be taking at least half of Friday off if the weather forecast is even close to being acceptable.

Comment

I just called but was refered to the president of the association-------waiting for him to return my call @ 5:45 pm.Will let you know if we can register by phone /cc or if we have to be there on Fridady nite.

Comment

Here is the skinny-
                            No registration by phone.All boat bets have to be in person --to be done Friday nite at the Anchor River Inn.Boaters do not have to launch at Deep Creek you can use other launches.

Comment

Mark, are you saying you were told the derby was at deep Creek? The launch at Anchor point is generally used. You may launch at deep Creek or homer but the derby line is Diamond Creek north to stariski Point

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X