Big Lake Apr 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Lake Apr 3

Took the fish house off the ice. Starting to see some water on the roads especially where you get on and off. Ice is plenty thick but a few warm days and getting on or off maybe a problem.

3 of us fishing on and off a few hours resulted in 3 char and a burbot. All released.
    Attached Files

Originally posted by Kardinal_84 View Post
    Took the fish house off the ice. Starting to see some water on the roads especially where you get on and off. Ice is plenty thick but a few warm days and getting on or off maybe a problem.

3 of us fishing on and off a few hours resulted in 3 char and a burbot. All released.
    Wow! Nice Job! Burbot during the day huh?

Fish On!
    You know your not catching any fish when you start talking about the weather...

http://www.alaskansalmonslayers.com/

Comment

Originally posted by bigcox View Post
      Wow! Nice Job! Burbot during the day huh?

Fish On!
      We catch burbot on Big Lake during the day quite often. Here's a pic from a while back. All caught jigging with lures during the day.

Comment

Good too see you again Rudy! Great report. I still use some of your logs for reference.
        sigpic
        Jedi Salmon Powers Activated!
        www.alaskansalmonslayers.com

Comment

Originally posted by JediMasterSalmonSlayer View Post
          Good too see you again Rudy! Great report. I still use some of your logs for reference.
          Me, too. Rudy's fishing page was the best!

Comment

Thanks guys! Trying to get back into it more. It's hard to believe how much I fished back then. Trying to get back into it. Getting married and having a 9 and 6 yr old plus moving out of state killed the fishing for sure! I'm back now and trying harder.

Kayak is new spring project. Trying to revive an old blog. A continuation of the old logs with a massive gap!
            guidesak.blogspot.com

Comment

When kids are young, they can really put a dent on fishing time, but later, you just drag them out into it.

I didn't know you left the state. Welcome back!

Comment

Looks like the burbot in the 1st pic did some serious spawning this spring.
                I am no longer surprised at what I am no longer surprised at ---Bill Whittle

Comment

I was surprised at how skinny the dang thing was. Not sure I would have kept it even if the season allowed. It was also bleeding a bit after I unhooked it. But they are out of season and you have to let them go.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X