Winter pike tips?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winter pike tips?

I just picked up a bunch of used ice fishing gear off craigslist. I have never fished for pike on hard water before so any tips would be appreciated. The auger I picked up was 10 inches so that will not be a problem. Do you use circle hooks with bait, or jig with lures? What works up here?
    "I'd rather be fishing!"

Originally posted by Grayling Slayer View Post
    I just picked up a bunch of used ice fishing gear off craigslist. I have never fished for pike on hard water before so any tips would be appreciated. The auger I picked up was 10 inches so that will not be a problem. Do you use circle hooks with bait, or jig with lures? What works up here?

I have found shoving your hand after handling ground beef into pike infested waters works rather well....Just kidding really do not do that lol.I use half a cut herring on a jig.
    There's a fine line between fishing....

and standing on the shore like an idiot! ALLEN BRADLEY-TANGLE LAKES ADVOCATE/FANBOY

Comment

On tipups I use a full herring on a quick strike rig and for jigging a half herring on an airplane jig.
      Here's a few of the bigger fish from this season.

sigpic
      www.arcticangler.ca
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gy_7mPiqoqw&t=11s

Comment

Herring and a fish cam.
        Attached Files

Comment

Find the structure and fish a BIG bait.
          "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.

Comment

Fish with Metal or Plastic/rubber, use baits, any kind of cut up fish, usually herring or whitefish.

I would fish between 3 to 15 feet of water.

Good Luck!

Comment

Thanks for all the advice. I will be sure to share some pictures.
              "I'd rather be fishing!"

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
              Working...
              X