Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who wants to see a fish like this ..., I got to this weekend.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hoytguy
    replied
    Originally posted by faithnhim View Post
    Hoytguy,

Could you make me a replica of H20dogg's fish? HA HA HA. Thanks for that information. I have always wondered about txidermy options but never taken the time to figure it out. Guess I have not caught a fish big enough to mount yet but it's good to know I can snap a picture and send em back. Thanks for the info.

Sure could.. Being its a cold water fish a skin mount would be the last option anyway but done with a artificial head.. the fish found in Alaska other than Pike would all be reproductions.. some smaller rainbows.. 20" and under could be skin mounted.. but a repro cast head is the only way to go if you want the fish to look good and last along time. Its pretty common these days for folks to catch, take a picture or two and release the fish back into the water to be caught another day.. Hard to judge a length and girth off a pic, a simple measurment of the total length and girth if possible and some clear side veiw pics are all thats needed.

Hoytguy

Leave a comment:

• faithnhim
    replied
    Hoytguy,

Could you make me a replica of H20dogg's fish? HA HA HA. Thanks for that information. I have always wondered about txidermy options but never taken the time to figure it out. Guess I have not caught a fish big enough to mount yet but it's good to know I can snap a picture and send em back. Thanks for the info.

Leave a comment:

• Frostbitten
    replied
    That other fish is no slacker either.

Leave a comment:

• Hoytguy
    replied
    repro

Your taxidermist shouldn't have much trouble re-creating the fish by using the pictures that you provided.. I used a number between the 2 you gave, 38-42" and found a real nice repro laker in 41.5" in length from lake county reproductions....A good taxidermist could also paint your fish to match the picture pretty close.

Dahlberg's Taxidermy

Hoytguy

Click image for larger version

Name:	l_196.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	31.9 KB
ID:	2478593

Leave a comment:

• FishHuntress
    replied
    Nice Fish! That had to have been fun!

Leave a comment:

• alaskanassasin
    replied
    She's a bute clark!:topjob:

Leave a comment:

• Matt
    replied
    Wow, that is an awesome fish. Great catch!

Leave a comment:

• joefish00000
    replied
    WOW!!! thats a GIANT laker. i have yet to land my first laker through the ice.

Leave a comment:

• H20Dogg
    replied
    Originally posted by Bushwhack Jack View Post
    That's a pig for sure. Congratulations. How long did you fight it? What pound test line were you using? You should get it mounted.
    I fought it for about 10 min. what took the most time was getting her head to come up the hole. I was using 30 lb. braided line, I would've used 50 lb. test if I knew about that fish.

I would love to have a replica mount made. But our measuring equipment was frozen. It was -30 that morning.

Im guessing 38-42 in. long around 30 lbs? I have no idea on girth. Has anyone ever gotten a girth on a fat laker before?

Leave a comment:

• Bushwhack Jack
    replied
    That's a pig for sure. Congratulations. How long did you fight it? What pound test line were you using? You should get it mounted.

Leave a comment:

• AKnook
    replied
    What a hog! Great fish.

Leave a comment:

• Hunt&FishAK
    replied
    Originally posted by H20Dogg View Post
    Still catching her!

I was jigging abot 5 feet up in 32 feet of water, Using a twister tail with a 2oz. head and a big hook. Whitefish for bait.

thatll do it.....i needs me sum whitefishes

Leave a comment:

• H20Dogg
    replied
    Originally posted by JediMasterSalmonSlayer View Post
    Awesome catch! I am envious....wow bet it was fun couple days. Are you re-living the moment in your head over and over?
    Still catching her!

I was jigging abot 5 feet up in 32 feet of water, Using a twister tail with a 2oz. head and a big hook. Whitefish for bait.

Leave a comment:

• fullkurl
    replied
    Awwww, man.
    Awesome doesn't cover it. Congrats!!!

Leave a comment:

• JediMasterSalmonSlayer
    replied
    Awesome catch! I am envious....wow bet it was fun couple days. Are you re-living the moment in your head over and over?

Leave a comment:

Footer Adsense

Collapse
Working...
X