This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ice Fishing Contest Feb 12 at Quartz Lake - CANCELED -25 below this morning

Bring the family out and enjoy The 2011 Festival of Lights celebration this weekend in Delta Junction. See Delta News Web for complete details and a list of scheduled events and times.

Delta Men's Group will be hosting a ice fishing contest at Quartz Lake on February 12th.

The contest will start at 9 AM and will go until 2 PM. There will be cash prizes awarded for the three heaviest fish (any species). The Men's group will have a sign up sheet at the entrance of the lake. Contestants will bring their fish to the sign up sheet after catching it and it will be electronically weighed. At 2 PM the contest will be over, the figures tallied and the winners will be announced, photographed and given their prize.

For info call 803-3343 or email alaskanaturephoto@gmail.com There will be wieners, chips, coffee and soda offered for a nominal offering.

Cutoff temperature will be minus 5 degrees. Please call contact number if in doubt.
    Last edited by Icebear; 02-12-2011, 10:02. Reason: CANCELED. To cold!

Looks like the forcast will be cold.

Comment

That's what the weatherman is saying, but we are hoping he is lying. He did alot of that this past winter. Temperatures have dropped 5 degrees since this morning here in Delta. We are at 13 degrees right now. Got about 4 inches of snow last night, and it is still snowing a little off and on all day.

Comment

At what point will you know if the contest is a go? I would hate to drive all the way down from North Pole and it is canceled. Thanks

Comment

4" Ice ? lol, 300 yards away we got maybe 2". But yes it is still flurring so maybe we could get the 4" you are talking about.

Comment

Hi guys, just called Dwight and he said to give him a call around 7:00 and they will know if they are cancelling the contest or not. Right now in Delta we have -7. So that's all the news I have on this for now. If it is a go, I'll see you at the lake tomorrow. I spent the day in Fairbanks and it was nice weather there compared the ripping winds we had in Delta all day. Came home to a lot of drifts in the driveway and my sidewalk must have had almost a foot of snow blown onto it.

Comment

This has been canceled. We have -25 this morning. Maybe next year guys. Sorry. Wish I could have the magic of the weatherman and change the forecast to my liking. Have an enjoyable weekend.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
              Working...
              X