Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finger Lake has about 18 inches of ice, no snow. Must have been 100 people out fishing today. Amazing to see all those little ice tents.

Comment

• Here is a couple pictures of my sons with a laker and burbot that we got recently

Comment

• My son with a nice laker.

Comment

• Let's try that again.

Comment

• ****, that is a hog! I am currently building my hard side shack and then I hope to post some pics of some monsters!

Comment

• Originally posted by JediMasterSalmonSlayer View Post
              I am not ashamed of sharing fishing pictures. Unfortunately fishing requires using a sharp hook and you can not prevent certain occurances with sharp objects unless you just simply do not go fishing. Bleeding is never good if your plan on releasing a fish. However sometimes even trying to be as careful as possible with a sharp object into a fishes mouth, bleeding will occur. Like I stated before, we do our best to mitigate injuring and over-handling (which by definition is always a matter of opinion of what over handling actually is) by using single hooks and following regulations. The fish was not rolled around on the snow or ice surface, fingered in the gills, dropped, beat on the head with a stick, nor even measured or weighed with a scale. A total of 3 quick photos were taken and the fish was held back in the water by the tail for a strong kick and release. I wont try and pursuade your opinion any further. This fish was not legal to keep anyway, the length of the fish did not allow retention. we did nothing unethical or illegal, and we were able to capture the moment of a great American catching his first lake trout in Alaska.

When people who love sport fishing, assume and find fault with other people who love fishing (because they decided too share a photo accomplishing an angling milestone and there happens to be some blood in the photo from the fish getting poked with a hook) simply gives no one but themselves a bad name.

A zero tolerance for seeing some blood on a fish in a photo when practicing catch and release or selective harvest (in this case following the regulations) is absurd. I bet if you fish half as much as I do then its happened to you too. Unless your using rubber hooks? Thanks again for your insightful & deligent work in policing the internet fishing photos.

I guess we have a new new sheriff in town:

The guy you are writing about is some kind of stupid, I too put a picture of a kid catching their first laker and because it like your's had a little blood coming from the moth some person took the time to internet yell about it I deleted the picture and will never again post one.

Comment

• Originally posted by hunter1951 View Post
                The guy you are writing about is some kind of stupid, I too put a picture of a kid catching their first laker and because it like your's had a little blood coming from the moth some person took the time to internet yell about it I deleted the picture and will never again post one.
                Care to elaborate further about the some kind of stupid guy?
                "The North wind is cold no matter what direction it's blowing"

Comment

• Originally posted by DannerAK View Post
                  Care to elaborate further about the some kind of stupid guy?
                  Not really, maybe you can tell us why somebody needs to be the Internet cop.

Comment

• Originally posted by hunter1951 View Post
                    Not really, maybe you can tell us why somebody needs to be the Internet cop.
                    You obviously didn't read the context of the post you quoted. All you did was call someone you don't know stupid without even reading what was written. That is some kind of stupid if you ask me.

Comment

• Sorry for the tangent. Back to the program.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Nice lakers gents but please!,... stop blotching faces, this is aod not Craigslist

Comment

• About fourty five minutes at Figure 8 Lake got our dinner. Sad to see all the trash people left on the ice.

Comment

• Originally posted by NERKA71 View Post
                            [ATTACH=CONFIG]95119[/ATTACH]

About fourty five minutes at Figure 8 Lake got our dinner. Sad to see all the trash people left on the ice.
                            happens all the time. we normally end up pulling out burnt cans that are left in fire rings.
                            I will never be a "Prostaffer" its not that I am not good enough
                            but its because I refuse to pimp products for free.

Comment

• Yeah, We managed to fit the trash in the plane.

Comment

• A nice fish from this last weekend.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X