were to fish?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• were to fish?

i just got a new eskimo ice shak for christmas and i would like test it out but i dont know were to go. any ideas? im interested in pike char bourbout and trout. what should i use for takle? thanks
    “We abuse land because we regard it as a commodity belonging to us. When we see land as a community to which we belong, we may begin to use it with love and respect.” - (Aldo Leopold)

Still trying to figure it out myself! But, as a starter, Clunie lake on Fort richardson was productive for small rainbows, 8-12 inches and there are some larger char in there last week. As for pike, up north is the best bet. Red Shirt Lake is pretty good for pike, but you'll need a machine to get out there unless you want to hike it. not sure for burbot??? There are fellas on a lot more knowlegable than me to ice fishing around here, I am still a noob! hope it helps!

Comment

finger lake

try finger lake. N off the parks @ trunk RD. easy access drive right out to the fishing spot these days. (16" ice as of 27DEC) there's 2 islands on that lake and the S sides of either, seem to be favorite spots to bring the kids. Bring light tackle, small hooks / jigs and trout eggs

Welcome to hard water fishin!

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
      Working...
      X