Lake names around Figure 8 (Figure Eight)

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lake names around Figure 8 (Figure Eight)

Hi all,

I can't seem to find the names for any of the lakes and ponds surrounding Figure 8 Lake - can anyone help me out?

Also, couldn't figure out how to post a screenshot/attachment detailing what lakes in particular I am referring to...

Thanks!

Originally posted by wilfred8686 View Post
    Hi all,

I can't seem to find the names for any of the lakes and ponds surrounding Figure 8 Lake - can anyone help me out?

Also, couldn't figure out how to post a screenshot/attachment detailing what lakes in particular I am referring to...

Thanks!
    If you would ike to do so, please send your file by email to

aosmanagement1@alaskaoutdoorssupersite.com

and we will assist in posting.
    Forum Support Team

Comment

Speaking of Figure 8 lake. How are the trails? Has ahyone been out there this year? I can only get out there by 4wheeler and I'm hoping the trails are set up good by now!

Comment

Originally posted by kobuk View Post
        Speaking of Figure 8 lake. How are the trails? Has ahyone been out there this year? I can only get out there by 4wheeler and I'm hoping the trails are set up good by now!
        I don't live up that way and I never have traveled that area.
        But I would suggest you not take a four-wheeler on any snow machine trails groomed or not.
        It just tears them up and makes it hard for the snowmachine riders to use them.
        Perhaps you can borrow or rent a snow machine if you want/need to head out on the trails?

Last edited by kasilofchrisn; 01-23-2022, 08:50.
        "The closer I get to nature the farther I am from idiots"

"Fishing and Hunting are only an addiction if you're trying to quit"

Comment

Originally posted by kasilofchrisn View Post
          I don't live up that way and I never have traveled that area.
          But I would suggest you not take a four-wheeler on any snow machine trails groomed or not.
          It just tears them up and makes it hard for the snowmachine riders to use them.
          Perhaps you can borrow or rent a snow machine if you want/need to head out on the trails?

He might as well take a four wheeler, every other Townie does it anyway.

Comment

Wow! Not trying to get you guys all steamed up. Sheesh. I have been enjoying the lakes and rivers out in this area since the mid 80's with both snowmachines and wheelers. It is true that a snowmachine is ideal but I don't have one right now and that is why I am asking. When the trails get set up out in that area, which doesn't get a lot of snow many years, a wheeler does great. Even when I had both, when it's like an ice trail I prefer a wheeler because it won't wear out my hyfax. I know that if it isn't set up well that it can and will tear up the trails and I won't ride out there with a wheeler then. I was just hoping to ask for a trail condition to avoid a wasted trip. I hope you guys the best.

Comment

I fished figure 8 a week ago and the trails were set up hard. I would have no issue taking an ATV out there. I'm not sure what this warm weather has done to the trails recently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by rynreeve View Post
                I fished figure 8 a week ago and the trails were set up hard. I would have no issue taking an ATV out there. I'm not sure what this warm weather has done to the trails recently.

More importantly, how was the fishing??

Comment

Thank you for the trail update. I'm with urbanhillbilly, how was the fishing?

Comment

This is one my wife caught. I think we caught 10 or so in a few hours. We had a ton of fun.

Comment

Originally posted by rynreeve View Post

This is one my wife caught. I think we caught 10 or so in a few hours. We had a ton of fun.

Looks like a blast!

Comment

Footer Ad Module 300 x 300

Collapse

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X