2020-21 Ice Reports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2020-21 Ice Reports

Hey everyone, I’m new to the site and am excited to be a part of the community!

I’m an avid angler, although still inexperienced in many ways as the game is always changing and I find new ways to spend my money at various fly shops...

Anyways, I am getting into ice fishing this year with the family and am wondering if there are any thickness reports to be known? I live in Anchorage, but am willing to travel north or south depending on access, since all of my access will be on foot...

Any reports or tips will be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks in advance

No idea on measured ice, but........on this past Saturday I saw a number pf people walking around on Reflections Lake (Knik River Access on the Glen). I also saw a few on the middle of Lake Lucille (Wasilla).

Comment

take a look at 3 rivers fly shop's facebook page they should have info on valley lakes
      sigpic
      Alaska Shrimp Pots

Rigid & Folding Shrimp & Crab Pots
      Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
      Ropes, Buoys, Bait
      alaskashrimppots.com
      akshrimppots@mtaonline.net
      907 775 1692

Comment

I'm curious too but I don't have a facebook account. Has anyone been out across the little su towards flathorn or figure 8 lakes?

Comment

No updates on their Facebook yet, I plan on checking some of the Anchorage lakes tomorrow. I saw some ice shelters on Sand Lake and Campbell Point... I’ll post what I find.

Comment

The Anchorage municipality has a ice thickness report on their page. I just do a google search for Anchorage ice thickness. When I checked this morning it was not being reported yet.

Comment

I was able to fish Campbell Point (beer can) on Saturday and measured 5 inches... although the weather from the last couple days may have changed the conditions. I’m still glad I was able to get the kids out before the turn in weather. Lots of land locked salmon for the kids to catch!

Comment

I measured 8” at Jewel Lake this morning about 200 feet out from the dock

Comment

Eight inches of ice on Quartz lake near Delta

Comment

Originally posted by kobuk View Post
                    I'm curious too but I don't have a facebook account. Has anyone been out across the little su towards flathorn or figure 8 lakes?
                    Flew over Figure 8 and all it neighboring lakes on the 17th and tons of machine tracks on them and seen people fishing at the lake narrows and also at Keyhole Lake.

Comment

Thanks for that. I guess that answers if it is accessible. I’ve got the itch! We are also going to try spearing this year. Should be fun.

Comment

Yeah, just seeing the folks fishing gave me the itch bad.......gotta put the skis on the plane sooner than I thought.

Comment

How much ice do you need for your plane?

Comment

6 inches will support a Cub. But I want 8” at minimum.

Comment

Originally posted by urbanhillbilly View Post
                              Hey everyone, I’m new to the site and am excited to be a part of the community!<br/><br/>I’m an avid angler, although still inexperienced in many ways as the game is always changing and I find new ways to spend my money at various fly shops...<br/><br/>Anyways, I am getting into ice fishing this year with the family and am wondering if there are any thickness reports to be known? I live in Anchorage, but am willing to travel north or south depending on access, since all of my access will be on foot...<br/><br/>Any reports or tips will be greatly appreciated!!!<br/><br/>Thanks in advance
                              I'm new to Alaska (and Anchroage) and have never been ice fishing. I am starting to see quite a few tents on the ice. Looks like it could be a fun way for my kids to catch their first fish!! If you have any advice or tips you learned (thinking since you recently started ice fishing you might have some good input) I would sure appre kate it! <br/><br/>Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk<br/><br/>

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X