Headed up to louise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headed up to louise

I'm headed up to L.L. this weekend with my family. Any updates on lake conditions I should be aware of? How about any good fishing reports?

word on the ice is that there is some pretty bad overflow in many areas off the main trails.
    I will never be a "Prostaffer" its not that I am not good enough
    but its because I refuse to pimp products for free.

Comment

Originally posted by kwackkillncrew View Post
      word on the ice is that there is some pretty bad overflow in many areas off the main trails.
      Ok thanks for the heads up!

Comment

Yes Kwackillncrew is right. Watch out for the areas with deep snow. In particular the wind protected bays. My cabin is in such a location and the overflow the last couple weeks has been horrible. In the areas that get more wind, it seems like the snow is packing down and hardening up a little bit. Best bet is to stay on the packed trails like Kwackillncrew said. Or if you have to cross the deep snow, unhitch your tow behind sled and gun it really fast and pack down a trail first, before attempting to go across it with a tow behind sled. Here is a report on another forum. https://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishin....30#msg4084302

Comment

I should be up there right now

Comment

Thanks for the info Bushwack Jack. I'll have my 5 year old with me so I will deffinetly be on the cautious side. I'm hoping to get into some burbot up there! Iether way getting out for a couple days is going to be fun

Comment

Good Luck!! Let us know how it goes. I heard crosswinds was HOT last weekend
              "Nothing worse than a GROUSE!!!"

Comment

Yes, been seeing lots of people posting on Facebook that folks should head out to crosswinds right now.

Comment

Had a great trip! Didnt get as much fishing in as I would have liked, beautiful weekend though and great time with the family. Ended up with two big burbot and a decent laker.

Side note, the overflow was deff sketchy if you got off the main groomed trails. Almost got sucked it a few times but was able to power out.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X