No announcement yet.

Laker Heartbreak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man, that's awesome! I finally caught my first laker last spring on a fly rod, but it was a little guy compared to that one. Ice fishing usually doesn't do much for me, but I'd love to catch a lake trout like that someday. Nicely done!

Comment

Here is another nice one I caught, over 20lbs and 40". Hoping to get after them a few more times yet. Lakers are easily the most exciting fish to catch through the ice, I am addicted after the past few months.

Comment

That looks like an old warrior there! Nice fish for sure!
        "Nothing worse than a GROUSE!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Muche View Post
          Here is another nice one I caught, over 20lbs and 40". Hoping to get after them a few more times yet. Lakers are easily the most exciting fish to catch through the ice, I am addicted after the past few months.

Well looks like you got the hang of it. Anything over 20 lbs. is a trophy laker.

Comment

Here is another decent one that I caught. Not huge but he was beat up pretty good, maybe an older fish.

Comment

I've landed 37 Lakers through the ice since January. Prior to this winter, I've only ever caught 1 and it took me three years of trying, though not as hard as I went after it this winter. Here's another one.

Comment

You're killing me. Those fish are spectacular!

This was my first-ever lake trout from last year. He's a little guy, but dang it was fun watching them slash the surface of the water! I'll be back at it this spring, for sure!

Comment

My wife was able to land several really nice ones too! Over Valentines weekend, she caught 15 to my 4 and we were fishing right next to each other, lucky gal.

Comment

Lakers are easily the most exciting fish to catch through the ice, I am addicted after the past few months.
                    I agree 100%. Lakers are the funnest to catch in the winter. Rainbows/steelhead the rest of the year.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushwhack Jack View Post
                      I agree 100%. Lakers are the funnest to catch in the winter. Rainbows/steelhead the rest of the year.
                      Agree to disagree on the rest of the year comment, only cause I'd rather hunt than fish any day!

But I do like a February Steelie fight!

Comment

Agree to disagree on the rest of the year comment, only cause I'd rather hunt than fish any day!
                        ]
                        Well then, why arenít you out predator hunting in the winter instead of sitting over a hole in the ice?

I hear you - I enjoy fishing, but I love hunting.

Comment

I've taken my fair share of predators, but it's not the same as Big Game to me. Certainly exciting, no doubt!

Comment

Those are very nice lake trout Nick!.......and the best part is you're releasing those big trout that are sexually mature.

Brian.....I hope you pan fried that smaller trout as they are some of the best eating freshwater fish in Alaska.....IMO

Comment

Over 40" and 20#.... if you added 6" and 6# maybe
                              "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.

Comment

Originally posted by VernAK View Post

Brian.....I hope you pan fried that smaller trout as they are some of the best eating freshwater fish in Alaska.....IMO
                                I've had lake trout once before, and it was indeed excellent. That one, though, lived to swim another day. We'll be back up there again this spring, though, so one might end up in the pan over a campfire.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X