Figure 8 lake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Figure 8 lake

I'm planning on heading out to figure 8 this Monday. Has anyone been out recently? If so how was trail condition and how was the fishing?

Was out their last Monday, the trail is in phenomenal shape. Unless last couple days wheelers went out their. I'm not against wheelers at all, just when they decide to do donuts every 20 ph ucking feet. The fishing was fine we ended up with 10 lost about 6-7.

Comment

Originally posted by 323 View Post
      Was out their last Monday, the trail is in phenomenal shape. Unless last couple days wheelers went out their. I'm not against wheelers at all, just when they decide to do donuts every 20 ph ucking feet. The fishing was fine we ended up with 10 lost about 6-7.
      Awesome thanks for the update! It's been a long time since I've ran out there. About how long did it take you one way? I'm assuming you were pulling a sled with gear as well right? It's just over 18 miles if I remember correctly right?

Thanks again!

Comment

Originally posted by 323 View Post

Hey 323 did you take a snowmachine out? I was planning on using my sled but if the trail is packed down good I may use my heated cab ranger instead Haha

Comment

Elson Mast is your local groomer, thank him for the great trails!

Comment

Iíve fished figure 8 for years and have never seen it rutted up so bad from 4 wheelers, just the occasional spot where one may have been stuck. Seems like that trail is always packed down real hard unless it snows a foot or two over night or warms up super fast.

Comment

Originally posted by USSDUCKSLAYER View Post
              Hey 323 did you take a snowmachine out? I was planning on using my sled but if the trail is packed down good I may use my heated cab ranger instead Haha
              we run sleds out their, the trail is set up pretty good to run a ranger out their for sure..

Comment

Originally posted by USSDUCKSLAYER View Post
                Awesome thanks for the update! It's been a long time since I've ran out there. About how long did it take you one way? I'm assuming you were pulling a sled with gear as well right? It's just over 18 miles if I remember correctly right?

Thanks again!
                running sleds takes us 30-45 minutes to get out their

Comment

Last weekend

Made a run last weekend on sleds. Trail was in good shape, probably a bit too soft for ATV's although someone had an Argo out there. Ice was a good 24" thick. Spent a few hours jigging and watching tip-ups. Ended up with seven total. Good day overall.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Took my daughter fishing. Slow but we caught a few. Click image for larger version

Name:	039692A0-BE85-4581-A3C9-664AA864537E.jpeg
Views:	74
Size:	44.2 KB
ID:	2754273 Click image for larger version

Name:	BD77A6EB-2A92-4BC4-A0B4-BDE8F4A4D1CB.jpeg
Views:	63
Size:	47.6 KB
ID:	2754274

Comment

That is quite the paint job on your plane! I love the skyline, I haven't seen one done like that before! How was the snow on the lake? Was it deep with overflow? I would love to get out there but I only have a 6x6. Most years it isn't an issue but we sure got a lot of snow this year.

Comment

Originally posted by kobuk View Post
                        That is quite the paint job on your plane! I love the skyline, I haven't seen one done like that before! How was the snow on the lake? Was it deep with overflow? I would love to get out there but I only have a 6x6. Most years it isn't an issue but we sure got a lot of snow this year.
                        Don't go. The trail to Figure 8 and Flathorn closed to wheeled and tracked motorized vehicles on April 1. see: https://www.adfg.alaska.gov/static/l...a_off_road.pdf

Comment

Thank you DGW. I appreciate that link. It sounds like we are heading south to our cabin for some more social distancing anyway. I just threw in my ice fishing gear for some rainbows on our nearby lake.

Comment

Starting to get a bit sloppy out there anyway. Lots of layered overflow where many holes have been drilled and a couple of ponds next to fig 8 have about a foot of water underneath the snow. One more trip or two and I’m done landing out there.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X