Tustumena Ice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tustumena Ice

Anyone have any information on the ice situation on Tustumena with the cold weather we have been having?

That is one lake I would never get out on the ice. Skilak is another. I prefer to keep on living.
    Hunt Ethically. Respect the Environment.

Comment

Not sure on the ice this year.
      That lake hasn't frozen very well if at all the last few years.
      It's a fun ride around the lake from the winter trail.
      But I almost went under once. So caution is well advised as is frequent ice thickness checks.

Sent from my S41 using Tapatalk
      "The closer I get to nature the farther I am from idiots"

"Fishing and Hunting are only an addiction if you're trying to quit"

Comment

Originally posted by kasilofchrisn View Post
        It's a fun ride around the lake from the winter trail.
        What do you mean "around" the lake? Are you talking along the north side via Pollard access to the east end, or actually all the way around the lake? As I don't believe I've ever heard of one actual trail all the way around the lake. Maybe I missed it?
        Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 4merguide View Post
          What do you mean "around" the lake? Are you talking along the north side via Pollard access to the east end, or actually all the way around the lake? As I don't believe I've ever heard of one actual trail all the way around the lake. Maybe I missed it?
          When I did it last we rode up the winter trail to the lake.
          Then we rode straight across stopping a few times to check the ice thickness.
          We then turned East(ish) and followed the lakes edge on the ice itself and returning to the winter trail.
          So while we didn't travel completely around the lake we did cover half or so.
          So no there is no trail around the lake you have to ride on the ice quite a bit.
          Was a very interesting ride and I missed going under by a few inches at one point while crossing a pressure ridge.

Sent from my S41 using Tapatalk
          "The closer I get to nature the farther I am from idiots"

"Fishing and Hunting are only an addiction if you're trying to quit"

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
          Working...
          X