No announcement yet.

Ice Fishing 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice to see the beautiful ladies out on the ice getting it done!

Comment

Originally posted by iyouktug View Post
      Nice to see the beautiful ladies out on the ice getting it done!
      Yep, first time for both of them.

Comment

Originally posted by EMoss#83 View Post
        OK now I am fired up for the season, Its On
        Glad we got you motivated. Go get'em. And show us pictures.

Comment

**** Mr. Knapp that looked like a awesome trip! Nice fishing hut too!

Comment

Originally posted by NERKA71 View Post
            **** Mr. Knapp that looked like a awesome trip! Nice fishing hut too!
            Thanks, I built the house myself. It cranks up of the ice when you are ready to go.

Comment

Ice on Johnson about 7-8. Stopped for 30 min on way to Soldotna. Hooked 4, got 3 on the ice and kept two. Enjoyed the muskrat that hung around and copped a breathe out of my holes every once in a while...
              Alaska Board of Game 2015 tour... "Kicking the can down the road"
              http://www.alaskabackcountryhunters.org/

Comment

figure 8 lake sounds like a good plan. u riding wheelers to it?
                Semper Fi!

Comment

I was also curious about getting out to figure 8 lake. Is the little sue thick enough to cross? It seems that there use to be a web site that showed whether that winter trail was open or not? Has anyone ran a wheeler or snowmachine out there this year?

Comment

there is a date that it opens. Once it is open you just need to stay on the marked trails and shouldnt have an issue as long as you are under the weight limit. If you get off the trail then you need "sufficient snow" to not disturb the swamps. thats how i read it any ways.
                    I will never be a "Prostaffer" its not that I am not good enough
                    but its because I refuse to pimp products for free.

Comment

Originally posted by kwackkillncrew View Post
                      there is a date that it opens. Once it is open you just need to stay on the marked trails and shouldnt have an issue as long as you are under the weight limit. If you get off the trail then you need "sufficient snow" to not disturb the swamps. thats how i read it any ways.
                      Can you remember how we find that out or what the date is? I sure as heck can't remember!

Comment

This is my buddy Nate, He's a 30 year retired Lieutenant Colonal in the army.
                        We went fishing on Sunday and had a great time.

Nate's ball joints and tie rod ends ain't as good as they used to be so he don't bend good.

We ended up keeping an even dozen. The 11 rainbows we kept were between 14 and 21 1/2 inches long. We Kept one smaller silver because his gills were injured. We let 21 fish go to get bigger.

Till next week.

This is my buddy Nate, He's a 30 year retired Lieutenant Colonal in the army.

Nate's ball joints and tie rod ends ain't as good as they used to be so he don't bend good.

We ended up keeping an even dozen. The 11 rainbows we kept were between 14 and 21 1/2 inches long. We Kept one smaller silver because his gills were injured. We let 21 fish go to get bigger.

Till next week. This is my buddy Nate, He's a 30 year retired Lieutenant Colonal in the army.

Till next week.

Comment

Wow, somehow my post was a tripleshot. The system isn't letting me delete part of it. Moderators can fix it if you like.

Comment

went to Johnson today. Came in from the old boat ramp side. Usually fish the point to the right as you go out. Was at least 4 inches of overflow there, had to come back about halfway to the old ramp to find better
                            ice. Still had 2 of overflow from our holes Hooked a few, kept two nice fat ones. But lots of overflow all around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            Alaska Board of Game 2015 tour... "Kicking the can down the road"
                            http://www.alaskabackcountryhunters.org/

Comment

Anyone driving on any of the Valley Lakes yet??

Comment

Fishing with friends.
                                Me and my Cuz. Kept 13 of 25

My buddy Steve and his Grand Son. Kept 7 of 22.

My apprentices family, all first-timers. Kept 14 of 29.

My bud Matthew and his Daughter.

Caught a Quartz Lake Grand Slam, a King, a 24 inch Char, a silver and several rainbows. Kept 13 of 26.

J.R. and Jayce With a 22 inch rainbow.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X