Skilak lake ice conditions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skilak lake ice conditions?

Does anyone know what the current ice conditions are on skilak lake?? Frozen up?
    NRA life Member JVJ

I have no information other than historical and I would highly doubt that it is frozen in any amount that I would consider safe to walk on let alone take a vehicle.

Comment

This winter so far has been so warm that none of the big lakes in southwest Alaska are even starting on decent ice. Naknek Lake has come up to mid-June water levels. At this point even the small ponds in southwest are questionable. Unless a major norther starts blowing and lasts a couple weeks, we will run out of time to even get the big lakes frozen.
      14 Days to Alaska
      Also available on Kindle and Nook

Comment

With the lake likely wide open, maybe some winter trolling is in order...

Comment

I was up at tustumena on the 16th and no ice what so ever. A little floating down the river but very easily navigable. I would assume skilak is the same way .

Comment

Open Water

was up there a couple of days ago and it is wide open, trolling would definitely be the more appropriate gear right now. Unless we get a long cold snap, it's not going to have any ice on it this winter

Comment

Kenai Lake was wide open with white caps yesterday.

Comment

Thanks guys. Made it up there this past weekend and no ice and was windy as usual. Thanks again!
                NRA life Member JVJ

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                Working...
                X