Byers lake ice fishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Byers lake ice fishing

Does anyone have any ice thickness reports up near Talkeetna way? Particularly Byers lake? I've heard it's hard to catch a fish there but going for a weekend to stay at cabin 1. Figure give it a try. Might try and do some small game hunting too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Look in ice reports

Sent while partying

Alaska swamp man pro staff
    I will never be a "Prostaffer" its not that I am not good enough
    but its because I refuse to pimp products for free.

Comment

He did an did not get much of a reply to his question , i think

Comment

The one guy did say there was a foot. That pretty much answers my question. Thanks.

Comment

There some minimum distance from trails stuff that kept me from shooting at anything. But it was cold, there was a lot of snow, and I was too lazy to get out if the cabin much. But that was last year, maybe there's not much snow this year and you can hike wherever.

Comment

I know it isn't Byers lake but X-Y lakes near Talkeetna was around a foot thick last weekend
            -At what point does "against all enemies foreign and domestic" apply to politicians?

Comment

Just did a day trip there Saturday. Fished the bay in front of cabin two. There was not a foot of ice only six inches there but when I fished it last month that part of the lake still had open water so i am sure that there is more ice in front of cabin one as that was where i fished the first time last month. I drilled holes from 50ft to 20ft. we caught nine fish 6 lakers three vary small burbs lakers where 25 to 30 inches. All fish where caught in 20ft or less. did not even mark a fish in the deeper spots. A foot and a half of snow up that way and no packed trail to the lake kicked my butt. I wanted to fish the other side of the lake but it was a workout to pull my stuff that far.

Comment

Thanks a lot for the info Dave. Never fished up there so I'm looking forward to a couple days of it.

Comment

I would recommend taking along snowshoes and a shovel. Watch out for overflow.
                  I am no longer surprised at what I am no longer surprised at ---Bill Whittle

Comment

Definitely on the those first two items. Already planning on it. Thanks much!

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X