Figure 8/Flathorn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Figure 8/Flathorn

Anybody been out to Figure 8/Flathorn? Planning on heading out Saturday and wondering how the conditions are.

I heard the little su is still open. Don't know for sure haven't been out there. Anyone been out there?

Comment

Originally posted by dudemandude View Post
      I heard the little su is still open. Don't know for sure haven't been out there. Anyone been out there?
      I was walking on the ice at the Little Su Public Use Facility on Nov 2nd. A good 7-8" at that time. We had some warming shortly after but it cooled back down for the last couple weeks. Probably pretty darn solid out there. Definitely not open water though.

Scott

Comment

thanks good luck to whoever goes

Comment

December 6th: Figure 8 Lake is not yet frozen over. Big open area on north section of the lake. Give it a couple weeks and stay off the middle. Snow covered trail the whole way to Flathorn Lake, but bumpy in places because not much snow. Little Su is frozen hard at the gasline. Wet spots where the trail comes down off the hill, takes a right and goes next to Fish Creek just to the south of Flathorn Lake.

Comment

Thanks for the update, Dinglishna!

Comment

Yeah, i decided not to head out. I'll give it another week or two.

Comment

Friend went out Saturday, he said the trail to Flathorn is good for 4 wheelers and snow machines, and that the only place to watch for is right when you get to the lake the swamp/lake is not totally frozen, you have to stick to the middle. Other than that he said everything else was good. A good foot and a half of ice where he was fishing.

Comment

did he catch anything? son and I might go out one day in the next couple weeks.

Comment

Yes, with ten tip-ups they caught 30 pike, the biggest of which was around 3 feet.

Comment

Originally posted by alexl View Post
                      Yes, with ten tip-ups they caught 30 pike, the biggest of which was around 3 feet.
                      We've been out to Figure 8 but not Flathorn, any tips on which part of the lake to set up at?

Comment

Originally posted by alexl View Post
                        Friend went out Saturday, he said the trail to Flathorn is good for 4 wheelers and snow machines, and that the only place to watch for is right when you get to the lake the swamp/lake is not totally frozen, you have to stick to the middle. Other than that he said everything else was good. A good foot and a half of ice where he was fishing.
                        Apparently this means that this ice thickness report is for Flathorn rather than Figure Eight? Correct?

Comment

Has anyone been out to either lake on an ATV lately? Thinking about taking the wife and the wheeler out for some fishing on Saturday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          27' Wooldridge Super Sport Offshore Pilothouse PRIME TIME!
                          Kodiak Custom Fishing Tackle Pro Staff
                          Heavy Hitter Fishing Crew
                          MMSI# 338232859

Comment

Rob, the deer are still out! The pike will be here all winter.

Comment

Tell me about it, but mother natures hates me and make the seas too bad to go out on the weekends when I'm off work.

Originally posted by Andy82Hoyt View Post
                              Rob, the deer are still out! The pike will be here all winter.

27' Wooldridge Super Sport Offshore Pilothouse PRIME TIME!
                              Kodiak Custom Fishing Tackle Pro Staff
                              Heavy Hitter Fishing Crew
                              MMSI# 338232859

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X