Decent lakes near wasilla

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Decent lakes near wasilla

Skipping Black Friday shopping and hoping to go and do a little ice fishing. Takeing the kid out so I was wondering if anyone had any spots that where producing as well as having a chance of catching a decent sized fish. Most of my ice fishing expirience here is on base so if anyone can give me some pointers I'd greatly appreciate it!

Cottonwood has never let me down if you fish by the Islands

Comment

finger lake is great also check stocking by F&G good sorce for information on where to go SID roud:

Comment

Be careful with ice thickness, it has been consistently above freezing out here for a couple of weeks.
        AKmud
        sigpic

The porcupine is a peaceful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

Comment

matanuska is always fun for kids, off the point in about 3 feet of water with shrimp you can sight fish all day.
          “Thank you Polaris for making me a better mechanic”

Comment

Originally posted by EMoss#83 View Post
            matanuska is always fun for kids, off the point in about 3 feet of water with shrimp you can sight fish all day.

I'd be careful with this lake early season. There are a lot of springs and ice thickness varies a lot. Wait a little longer for Mat lake would be my advice.
            "The North wind is cold no matter what direction it's blowing"

Comment

Finger lake around the island to the right of the public launch. Opposite side of island is always a killer spot for land locks. Spot fish them during the day about 3-6 ft below ice. Deeper at dusk when the fishin gets nuts! Watch for thin ice!!! Crazy weather this year!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
              Working...
              X