Big Lake Driving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Lake Driving

In your guys opinion when do you thing that a person would be able to safely with more than enough ice be able to drive out on big lake to catch some pike? I have never driven on that lake so I'am kind of skiddish of it. thanks

I'd check here... http://www.flatlake.com/

Comment

Depends what your driving. I have been on black ice 10" thick with my dakota. From sounds of it west side froze up recently and the east side has been froze for a while. Don't know any ice thickness though. Going to walk out the west side Friday if I am not working

Sent while partying

Alaska swamp man pro staff
      I will never be a "Prostaffer" its not that I am not good enough
      but its because I refuse to pimp products for free.

Comment

Originally posted by homer907 View Post
        In your guys opinion when do you thing that a person would be able to safely with more than enough ice be able to drive out on big lake to catch some pike? I have never driven on that lake so I'am kind of skiddish of it. thanks
        I would wait until after the first truck falls through and then give it another week:topjob:
        Your bait stinks and your boat is ugly

Comment

haha ok thanks i would be driving a chevy 1500.

Comment

I usually won't drive on any lakes until January. But I drive a 3/4ton Ford and I'm not real keen on buying a new one if mine goes through the ice. Took me a couple years to get used to just walking on the stuff .

Comment

Plan on taking the ATV out in the morning for some fishing on Big Lake. Does anyone know the thickness of the ice now or have seen anyone else out with machines on the ice yet?

Comment

check the website has good info. http://www.flatlake.com/

Comment

about 10 inches in front of big lake power sports, and only 5 or 6 inches of ice on the west side with weeping cracks. I will only walk out for a bit longer.
                  “Thank you Polaris for making me a better mechanic”

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X