Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for a new pop up Ice house

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Looking for a new pop up Ice house

    Hi all the ice fisherman out there.

    Been looking on line for a new Pop Up ice house. Im looking for the 6 man ones so the wife and kids can all have fun and stay warm. I just wanted your guys opinion on which one you like the most, Eskimo, Clam, Fireball and what ones you find last the longest.

    Thanks everyone and just a few more months and we will be back on the ice.

  • #2
    I've spent a lot of time in Eskimo popups. They are nice, lightweight, and do their job pretty well. Last year I purchased a Clam popup with the insulated material (Bigfoot XL4000T). In my opinion, it is an upgrade from the Eskimos in many ways. The insulated fabric seems to reduce condensation significantly. I'd vote for a clam and recommend the insulated type.
    "The North wind is cold no matter what direction it's blowing"

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by DannerAK View Post
      I've spent a lot of time in Eskimo popups. They are nice, lightweight, and do their job pretty well. Last year I purchased a Clam popup with the insulated material (Bigfoot XL4000T). In my opinion, it is an upgrade from the Eskimos in many ways. The insulated fabric seems to reduce condensation significantly. I'd vote for a clam and recommend the insulated type.
      Maybe if you quit drooling all over yourself that would help the condensation as well
      Your bait stinks and your boat is ugly

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by FishGod View Post
        Maybe if you quit drooling all over yourself that would help the condensation as well
        I always drool while inside the clam.....
        "The North wind is cold no matter what direction it's blowing"

        Comment


        • #5
          Thanks I will have to take a look at the Clam

          Comment


          • #6
            I would second a recommendation for a Clam Hut. The only issue I have is with the ice screw design, I found the screws are a bit difficult to initially get started. Once the screw bites into the ice, they turn just fine, hold well, and are removed easily.
            sigpic
            Jedi Salmon Powers Activated!
            www.alaskansalmonslayers.com

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by JediMasterSalmonSlayer View Post
              ... The only issue I have is with the ice screw design, I found the screws are a bit difficult to initially get started. Once the screw bites into the ice, they turn just fine, hold well, and are removed easily.
              That is the same for the Eskimo ice screws.

              Comment


              • #8
                I like to bring a cordless drill and make pilot holes for the ice screws. It works like a charm.
                "The North wind is cold no matter what direction it's blowing"

                Comment


                • #9
                  I use timberlock screws with big nylon washers and a rubber grommet. Drive em in with a lithium impact gun in about 5 seconds. The 6 man Eskimo is a castle on the ice and a big buddy will roast you out

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by redneckalaskan View Post
                    Hi all the ice fisherman out there.

                    Been looking on line for a new Pop Up ice house. Im looking for the 6 man ones so the wife and kids can all have fun and stay warm. I just wanted your guys opinion on which one you like the most, Eskimo, Clam, Fireball and what ones you find last the longest.

                    Thanks everyone and just a few more months and we will be back on the ice.
                    I have the 6 man Eskimo and love it, its usually just me and a buddy so there is tons of room. I even have a collapsible table I can set up in there so keep some of your stuff up off the ice or out of the overflow. It may not be insulated but with a heater buddy it gets quite comfortable even in the nastiest weather.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      i have the eskimo fatfish 949 non instulated and the 767 instulted version, i have no complaints about ether! they work great. i useally camp on lake louise in the 767.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I have a quickfish 6 up for sale if anyone is interested. Asking $230 obo. Need to upgrade. Still works great.
                        sigpic


                        Release Lake Trout

                        Comment

                        Footer Adsense

                        Collapse
                        Working...
                        X