Kepler Bradley

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Attention Alaska Artisans and Product Manufacturers!

If you are an Alaska-based Artisan, Crafstman, Author, or Product Manufacturer, or any local business offering products available for sale, we welcome you to add a listing to the AOS Directory. Basic listings are free, and include a summary of your business, physical address, 1 photo and an email address.
Paid listings are being offered through a special promotion: $150/year includes a Featured Directory listing, a link to your website, phone number, email address and a forum welcome announcement linked to your directory listing. We look forward to presenting Alaska products to our audience! Please send an email message to customerservice@alaskaoutdoorssupersite.com if you would like to submit your listing or receive additional information.
Click arrow in top right corner for next announcement.
See more
See less
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unreal- The guy is excited he caught a nice fish, took it home and ate it. These forums are getting worse by the day. No surprise alot of us quit sharing our outings. Nice job MM, you can share a camp fire with me anytime. I have some AWESOME trout recipies..

Comment

First let let me say that I am a Catch and Release fly fisher, but I am not arrogant or butt headed to say that a guy cannot keep a trout in a stocked lake. Fish and Game put that fish in the lake system for recreation and food. A rainbow trout's life span is around 11 years and then they die a natural death. They do not keep going and living forever. I will never tell a guy not to feed himself or his family from the fish that he caught. In my heart, I would like that fish to swim free, but this is still America and we all make our own choices. Tight lines.
      Only those that can see the invisible can do the impossible.

Comment

Originally posted by akriverman View Post
        First let let me say that I am a Catch and Release fly fisher, but I am not arrogant or butt headed to say that a guy cannot keep a trout in a stocked lake. Fish and Game put that fish in the lake system for recreation and food. A rainbow trout's life span is around 11 years and then they die a natural death. They do not keep going and living forever. I will never tell a guy not to feed himself or his family from the fish that he caught. In my heart, I would like that fish to swim free, but this is still America and we all make our own choices. Tight lines.
        +1

What He Said...

Fish On!
        You know your not catching any fish when you start talking about the weather...

http://www.alaskansalmonslayers.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Morenci Matt View Post
          I caught the fish in the channel using green power bait. I set a sinker 12-18 inches up the line so the bait floats. I don't usually keep the trout I catch around here but that is my 1st big Alaskan trout (recently moved from Michigan) so I did eat it. Sorry there are a lot of pictures, my wife and I just got a new camera so she went a little overboard.
          If I caught that fish I'd take a ton of pics too. Nice fish!

Comment

That's a beautiful trout!

Too many whiners on here...as has been pointed out, those are stocked lakes. Keep 'em if you catch 'em!!

With the colors on that, I'd think about getting it mounted....

Comment

Originally posted by coho slayer View Post
              That's a beautiful trout!

Too many whiners on here...as has been pointed out, those are stocked lakes. Keep 'em if you catch 'em!!

With the colors on that, I'd think about getting it mounted....

Agreed! Too many whiners. Every fisherman has the right to do what ever they want with their catch. Release it so you can go catch it and mount it on your wall? I think not. I'm taking it home take tons of pictures and post it up so I can read all the negative comments from those who didn't catch it, sit back and laugh about it, then cook that son of a gun and feed the family.

Comment

pretty sure stocked bows dont spawn. who cares if he eats it its just a fish. i have never seen so many pictures with just one fish. you know a guy catches a nice fish and decides to eat it and you get one in every crowd that is sad that it got eaten. big deal bet it tasted good for sure.
                I will never be a "Prostaffer" its not that I am not good enough
                but its because I refuse to pimp products for free.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                Working...
                X